Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Balancer Shaft Bearings Needed - 12/1996 Camry

Jed P

Hello all, trying find parts for a family member's Toyota Camry Sedan, I've trawled the internet for days, no luck yet, so I'd greatly appreciate the wizards on this site who might help find at least the part number

I have tried Toyota Parts sites, SSG Asia online catalogues, eBay, everything, but still can't find the part numbers let alone the parts... I can buy/see a whole balancer unit, but I don't need that, just the bearings.

Half Shell Balancer Bearings
Set of 12 I believe (may be split sets for grooved+non grooved)
8 Plain, 4 grooved
Engine 5SFE 2.2 litre - Manufacture 12/1996 5S-FE 2164 & Full number on plate SXV10R-AEBEKH - VIN AHT 53SK1009520723 (Built in South Africa)
5000th of an inch oversized needed*
Balancer unit above sump
Bearing diameter 29mm inner less 5000th inch oversized, outer 32.6mm

Stamped on the bearings, which look original are 6K272A (these are originals not oversized, I need oversized), and 6K0861A plain and on a grooved one 6K018. I know these are not the same convention for P/N for Toyota which is normally 10 digit (5-5). *My family member is getting the balancer shafts hardened and machined, so oversized bearings are needed.

I don't know/think that the bearing elsewhere e.g Crank could be re-purposed... but I just cannot find a catalogue which shows the P/N for these 12 half bearings (there are 6 journals).

Any help will be gratefully received, thanks. Diagrams are below

balancer 1.jpg

balancer 2.jpg

balancer 3.jpg

balancer 4.jpg

balancer 5.jpg

I've had a quick look and can, like you, only find the complete balancer kit, not the bearing shells on their own 😞

Have you checked with a Toyota dealer? Otherwise a machine shop may have some expertise in sourcing suitable parts.

SA import, 5SFE, Sedan, Japanese built, Build date of 12/1996, SXV10R-AEPEKN, Grade SEi

Toyota only lists the complete Assembly 13620-74012 but you should be able to find a listing with that number

King bearings http://www.king-catalog.com/Catalog/Engine/322273

5sfeking.thumb.jpg.16a88b713f70d672c0bc3ab87c05c65b.jpg

from what i read, the backlash needs to be set with a SST

i will see if i can find an engine manual

https://procarmanuals.com/wp-content/uploads/pdfs/engine/toyota-5s-fe-engine-repair-manual-rm547e.pdf

• Like 1

16 hours ago, APS said:

I've had a quick look and can, like you, only find the complete balancer kit, not the bearing shells on their own 😞

Have you checked with a Toyota dealer? Otherwise a machine shop may have some expertise in sourcing suitable parts.

Thanks @APS I have only looked online at Toyota Parts' sites, not seen or called them, may be my only route now, thanks

16 hours ago, flash22 said:

SA import, 5SFE, Sedan, Japanese built, Build date of 12/1996, SXV10R-AEPEKN, Grade SEi

Toyota only lists the complete Assembly 13620-74012 but you should be able to find a listing with that number

King bearings http://www.king-catalog.com/Catalog/Engine/322273

5sfeking.thumb.jpg.16a88b713f70d672c0bc3ab87c05c65b.jpg

from what i read, the backlash needs to be set with a SST

i will see if i can find an engine manual

https://procarmanuals.com/wp-content/uploads/pdfs/engine/toyota-5s-fe-engine-repair-manual-rm547e.pdf

Thanks @flash22 appreciated... I have emailed king-catalogue to see if they can help also. Thanks for the manual too... the ones on the catalogue search appear to be the crankshaft bearings, the one's I ma looking for seem to be like hen's teeth 🙂

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links