Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MY24 Corolla TS

Devon Aygo

On 8/31/2023 at 8:00 PM, fishhead said:

Anything with the heated stearing wheel?

Here in Slovakia in MY2024 sheet, heated steering wheel is standard from middle trim - Style. 

• Like 1

On 11/6/2023 at 3:32 PM, Talos said:

Are those upgrades only for the UK market?

The topic is relating to UK market cars. You need to contact your Toyota importer to determine what is happening in your market.

I will definitely only buy hybrids in the next 50 years.  especially how good Toyota is today with their hybrid lineup, such as the versatile Corolla TS.   I just want to share that we are all being fooled by our government, media, and UN. They have misinterpreted IPCC-UN reports for political gains.  We are all panicking and desperately want to have Netzero, caused by false and unrelable predictions.  The actual data from the IPCC is not alarming at all. 

I felt guilty as a scientist who got so much funding for renewable energy and had a conflict of interest.  Don't follow the mistake of Germany and Denmark, which pay almost twice as much as other countries. € 0.35 per kWh.  The effect of CO2 to global warming is much smaller once we reach the current level of 400 ppm.  Even if we have 800 ppm, the increase of temperature is not more than 0.08 C.  Our earth has been warming since the Ice Age, thousands of years ago.  Our money should be spent better on giving better energy access to poor countries in Africa and Asia. That's how the world should live better.  

I am not a climate denier but a fact-believer who understands scientific reports.  The earth is warming naturally; we add it by our CO2 emissions, but the effect is not as we thought. We should focus more on reducing toxic materials, better water access for everyone, and carbon capture. No need to abandon fosil fuel completely. 

Germany_electricitycost.JPG

Temp_CO2.jpg

globalwarming1850_2023.JPG

• Like 2

John, thank you for that.  Doing research for an environmental topic I stumbled across a paper on the East African undersea fibre cables.   It had nothing to do with global warming or sea level rise,  is no ax to grind.

Incidentally is mentioned that the sea level had risen by 1,000 feet over 18,000 years.  This is extremely adjacent to present 100 year prediction.

I agree that many countries,  such as Pacific Islands or the Maldives will be underwater but they are coral Islands.  As they become inundated the coral will contine to form in the shallow water.

• Like 1

As we already knew, Chinese EVs are easily 30% cheaper than any European countries produce.  It comes down to how China monopolizes essential materials for BEV.  That's why we should slow down the euphoria on Netzero and BEV.  Take things in balance and in good ways, and we should not harm our people, who have been drowning in inflation.

Scott Tinker video shows how we should understand Climate change and Energy security

energy_extraction.png

energy_processing.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

So potentially about to order a new TS Excel. Is the JBL standard fit or is it an option as before?

Thanks in advance

Seemingly standard on Excel....this is what the dealer confirmed to me and based me deal on back in September. Still also waiting to confirm 100%.

Appeared on app 2 weeks ago, but sat in order processing with no image or details. Which I take to mean dealers can reserve/book MY24, but won't update until production starts, slot is allocated and details confirmed. 

Just in the process of trying to place an order. The dealer cannot confirm the spec of the car and they are saying a 2.0 Excel TS is July delivery???

Can't speak to delivery times, but based on reports here, last year 6-7 months may not be a surprise. It could be there are a bunch of pre-orders ahead of you so first deliveries may be march but placing an order now means July.

I'll post if I get any updates, but right now the app status is unchanged which is what I expected.

Edited by trashman1965
Sorry I was talking hatch, order books opened for TS seem time back

FYI Listers Toyota dealers have Excel TS new in stock and they list JBL as part of the spec. 

• Like 1

Carwow now has updated MY24 spec and pricing - can specify the new metallic green ‐ Excel lists JBL in spec as well as HUD BSM etc, so at first glance looks like an updated MY23 spec with JBL. 

Hopefully all good with my order - still no update which I expected really - spec will have everything if correct that would have liked on my MY21. missed BSM and HUD and i personally really like JBL.

• Like 1

Thanks for info on MY24 Spec, let’s hope JBL is included. I ordered a MY24 Excel TS 2.0 one month ago but have seen no updates in the app, is this normal? I saw there are other threads from the past regarding Toyota ordering but wasn’t sure how long the steps in the app would stay grey and unpopulated. Any advice or comparison appreciated.

IMG_4689.thumb.jpeg.0190dbe95b394cd2f9d5922796e4917b.jpeg

1 hour ago, PlopItLikeItsHot said:

Thanks for info on MY24 Spec, let’s hope JBL is included. I ordered a MY24 Excel TS 2.0 one month ago but have seen no updates in the app, is this normal? I saw there are other threads from the past regarding Toyota ordering but wasn’t sure how long the steps in the app would stay grey and unpopulated. Any advice or comparison appreciated.IMG_4689.thumb.jpeg.0190dbe95b394cd2f9d5922796e4917b.jpeg

This is normal, you’ll be notified when they start to build it, your dealer can see the dates allocated but these move around a lot. Once in build is usually a few days before your dealer gets it and then preps it. 

• Thanks 1

Yes, same, mine still showing as processing but we were at the dealer last week for other half's new car discussion and they checked and still showing as march but unallocated and he decribed as dates being "elastic".

Previous car purchase was same - sat at processing for weeks then went through the rest of the stages within a day or two then about a week or so after, dealer contacted me for collection.

• Thanks 1

Have placed an order for a MY24 TS delivery date advised as April.

• Like 1

My dealer Jemca (Sidcup) seems to be clueless about the MY24 revision. Any recommendations for dealers with some level of know-how in the Greater London / Kent / Sussex area?

12 hours ago, balalogic said:

My dealer Jemca (Sidcup) seems to be clueless about the MY24 revision. Any recommendations for dealers with some level of know-how in the Greater London / Kent / Sussex area?

Jemma (Sidcup)were not very helpful when we were looking to purchase a Toyota hybrid last year, never contacted us despite our preference for using them as they were fairly local. In fact they showed little interest in even making a Sale !

In the end we want to Group1 Toyota in Gillingham and had a very good customer experience they’re quite a bit further but very helpful.

• Like 1

I've been with Steven eagell Horsham since 2018. Formerly motorline who were awesome, then Marshall which were better than average not quite as good as motorline. No issues, just motorline was a hard act to follow. All 3 iterations way better than my local inchcape. 

So far they have been good since the change back in the summer. Most of the service staff have stayed and last service for my corolla and partner's yaris were fine. 

I agreed my new MY24 corolla when I was in for a service in September. Partner did same couple of weeks back for her yaris premier. 

Both occasions very sensible conversations and good deals. Honoured Carwow prices (which for me was a toughie as dealers were quoting MY23). 

Been a lot of talk about that particular dealer chain, but for me so far everything is going well. 

Possibly it's because of the staff but no complaints here. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, trashman1965 said:

I've been with Steven eagell Horsham since 2018. Formerly motorline who were awesome, then Marshall which were better than average not quite as good as motorline. No issues, just motorline was a hard act to follow. All 3 iterations way better than my local inchcape. 

So far they have been good since the change back in the summer. Most of the service staff have stayed and last service for my corolla and partner's yaris were fine. 

I agreed my new MY24 corolla when I was in for a service in September. Partner did same couple of weeks back for her yaris premier. 

Both occasions very sensible conversations and good deals. Honoured Carwow prices (which for me was a toughie as dealers were quoting MY23). 

Been a lot of talk about that particular dealer chain, but for me so far everything is going well. 

Possibly it's because of the staff but no complaints here. 

Thank you - very helpful. Much appreciated.

2 hours ago, Basil-BarryC said:

Jemma (Sidcup)were not very helpful when we were looking to purchase a Toyota hybrid last year, never contacted us despite our preference for using them as they were fairly local. In fact they showed little interest in even making a Sale !

In the end we want to Group1 Toyota in Gillingham and had a very good customer experience they’re quite a bit further but very helpful.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I have registered having just ordered new Corolla TS 2.0. Took the super green GR version. 

Now for the question - has anyone seen any proper photo of this colour? All I have seen is the one in this thread, and some washed up renders. Sooo it was a bit of a risk but the other options weren't too exciting... Would like to check if this wasn't a mistake 😉

18 hours ago, MadYarpen said:

Hello, I have registered having just ordered new Corolla TS 2.0. Took the super green GR version. 

Now for the question - has anyone seen any proper photo of this colour? All I have seen is the one in this thread, and some washed up renders. Sooo it was a bit of a risk but the other options weren't too exciting... Would like to check if this wasn't a mistake 😉

Is the green available on other trim levels? Have you checked what my24 has on the GR compared to the Excel as they are similar prices, in my23 you gained HUD, adaptive headlights and leather seats on Excel although I do hope they have changed the leather seats this year to prevent ballooning. 

On 1/30/2024 at 3:34 PM, simond64 said:

Is the green available on other trim levels? Have you checked what my24 has on the GR compared to the Excel as they are similar prices, in my23 you gained HUD, adaptive headlights and leather seats on Excel although I do hope they have changed the leather seats this year to prevent ballooning. 

Hi, I'm from Poland so perhaps there may be some differences. Our top two trims are GR and executive. 

Green is only in dual colour option with black roof and it seems reserved for GR. But I haven't asked specifically about this. To have HUD I had to take JBL package which has some items other than the audio stuff.

Here is the list of specs which are standard for executive, and which can be added to GR via option packages:

HUD

8 speakers 

Toyota smart connect + (instead of simply Toyota smart connect)

Better Navi

JBL premium system 

Rctab

SEA

BSM

Here are items which you have in executive and cannot add to GR:

Matrix led headlights (the biggest disadvantage of GR imo)

Heated rear seats 

Leather seats 

Oh and delivery time is May. 

finally Toyota UK website was updated the spec for the excel trim

https://www.toyota.co.uk/new-cars/corolla-hatchback/features-and-specs.Corolla-HB.209.ac09995d-88ed-45d8-a4ce-3ef4c58f6d48#tab3

I was ordered at 2023/11 and will be delivery at 2024/3, hope mine is at new spec.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2024 at 11:32 AM, sobong said:

finally Toyota UK website was updated the spec for the excel trim

https://www.toyota.co.uk/new-cars/corolla-hatchback/features-and-specs.Corolla-HB.209.ac09995d-88ed-45d8-a4ce-3ef4c58f6d48#tab3

I was ordered at 2023/11 and will be delivery at 2024/3, hope mine is at new spec.

I've literally been watching the website since this post started. The one day I dont look it updates 🤪

Good to confirm JBL, HUB, BSM but yeah i know the render doesn't do it justice but that green...

Interestingly JBL not called out as a headline feature but it's there in the specs under multi media. 

So I'm a happy bunny...I get what I have today plus HUD, BSM and digital dash but other bits.

Hopefully app updates soon to say its being built and March delivery!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links