Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MY24 Corolla TS

Devon Aygo

How is the sound quality of the JBL? Is it significantly crispy than the basic sound or just an extra subwoofer like in Auris?

The matrix headlights is a big upgrade but I am not sure if the upper trim is quieter with accoustic windows glass. 

I do hate captcha. Detailed reply then dumb fuzzy pics but clearly what I see and what captcha sees are different. 

Anyway back on topic. The JBL was better enough for me to actually listen to music in the car again. OEM is OK but i only really used as background noise on previous auris.

It's certainly good enough for me to make sure I got it on the current car after hearing in other half's MK4 yaris. We're both going JBL route soon...she yaris premiere, me corolla MY24 excel.

Certainly not an audiophiles dream, its essentially an external amp and better/more Speakers. No additional audio controls and bias is still to fronts. Rears are JBLs but still not a lot of volume.

And has anyone found any good photo of the super green colour? Maybe your dealership have something?

On 2/3/2024 at 2:39 PM, MadYarpen said:

And has anyone found any good photo of the super green colour? Maybe your dealership have something?

Found these on the Lindop Toyota's (a dealer in Wrexham, UK) Facebook page. Appears to be a MY24 GR Sport hatchback in bi-tone super green with black roof.

Seams to be more of a teal colour rather than green!

FB_IMG_1706972853881.jpg

FB_IMG_1706972863890.jpg

FB_IMG_1706972861080.jpg

FB_IMG_1706972856341.jpg

FB_IMG_1706972849230.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks, this is so helpful.

And it does look good, I'm happy to admit 

On 2/2/2024 at 9:00 PM, trashman1965 said:

I've literally been watching the website since this post started. The one day I dont look it updates 🤪

Good to confirm JBL, HUB, BSM but yeah i know the render doesn't do it justice but that green...

Interestingly JBL not called out as a headline feature but it's there in the specs under multi media. 

So I'm a happy bunny...I get what I have today plus HUD, BSM and digital dash but other bits.

Hopefully app updates soon to say its being built and March delivery!

My dealer call me that I can pick my car at the end of this month, but I want 24 car plate, so I will pick it at March.

She also confirm my car is MY24 model ☺️

Hope you will have a good news soon.

41 minutes ago, sobong said:

My dealer call me that I can pick my car at the end of this month, but I want 24 car plate, so I will pick it at March.

Hoping to hear soon. The lindop dealer having a green GR sport means production must have started. Like you I'd be happy with March 😁

3 hours ago, sobong said:

Meant to ask, when did you place your order? I spoke to dealer in September to agree/order. Confirmation came 1st week of December when app updated to show order processing. 

14 hours ago, trashman1965 said:

Meant to ask, when did you place your order? I spoke to dealer in September to agree/order. Confirmation came 1st week of December when app updated to show order processing. 

I place my order on mid of Nov, and app shown this order in around 2-3 days.

So got a welcome email to the Welcome Hub which showed March 31st delivery but subject to change. Checked with the dealer as was querying new Dashcam fitment and they said they are actually expecting it next week 😊

Almost certainly will ask to hold and pick up in March for the new plate. 

Hi,

I'm thinking of trading in my 22 1.8L Excel hatchback for a 2024 TS. I've heard that the 2.0L Excel variant is fitted with acoustic side windows which are not present on the 1.8L. Can anyone who's driven both variants spot the difference in terms of noise reduction? 

Best,

9 minutes ago, balalogic said:

Hi,

I'm thinking of trading in my 22 1.8L Excel hatchback for a 2024 TS. I've heard that the 2.0L Excel variant is fitted with acoustic side windows which are not present on the 1.8L. Can anyone who's driven both variants spot the difference in terms of noise reduction? 

Best,

I'll let you know in a couple of weeks if the new car is any quieter. Current is 2.0 my21 and pretty sure only windscreen is acoustic, so interesting to see if MY24 is any better. That said I thought excel trim had it on both 1.8 and 2.0?

• Like 1

On 2/13/2024 at 9:44 AM, trashman1965 said:

I'll let you know in a couple of weeks if the new car is any quieter. Current is 2.0 my21 and pretty sure only windscreen is acoustic, so interesting to see if MY24 is any better. That said I thought excel trim had it on both 1.8 and 2.0?

That's what I thought too. As per the website, the 1.8L has an acoustic windscreen while the 2.0L has an acoustic windscreen and windows. My dealer is clueless, as usual.

1.8L.jpg

2.0L.jpg

Both models 1.8 & 2.0 Excel have front & side acoustic glass (2020 year), i measured the side windows on mine and they are thicker than the rears they make a big difference to outside sounds, a lot quieter, just need wheels/tyres to match now 😉

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I got my MY24 Corolla excel 2.0 today.

It come with nanoe X, JBL speaker, but no smart digital key, my dealer confirm only new CHR have smart digital key in UK now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sobong said:

I got my MY24 Corolla excel 2.0 today.

It come with nanoe X, JBL speaker, but no smart digital key, my dealer confirm only new CHR have smart digital key in UK now.

Really? I thought it was listed as having it. 

5 minutes ago, trashman1965 said:

Really? I thought it was listed as having it. 

Yup right there in the specs

Screenshot_20240301_222611_Chrome2.thumb.jpg.1e36d5742763fc73e0479095e7282c0c.jpg

not a deal breaker for when I get mine. Honestly i suspect the dealer may not understand you have to configure it on your phone?

41 minutes ago, trashman1965 said:

Screenshot_20240301_222611_Chrome2.thumb.jpg.1e36d5742763fc73e0479095e7282c0c.jpg

not a deal breaker for when I get mine. Honestly i suspect the dealer may not understand you have to configure it on your phone?

They said digital key is talking about the actual key, not meaning support smart digital key, it’s not like new CHR, they configured many new CHR smart digital key, they said corolla haven’t this option in my Toyota app.

• Sad 1

Morning

Is it possible to fit a spare wheel to a MY24 2.0 excel ST or is there a subwoofer in the spare wheel well now?

14 hours ago, Bozz said:

Morning

Is it possible to fit a spare wheel to a MY24 2.0 excel ST or is there a subwoofer in the spare wheel well now?

As per the JBL site, the subwoofers are mounted in the front doors.

https://uk.jbl.com/toyota.html

Clipboard01.jpg

Interesting - has Toyota dropped the  ‘Hybrid’ Badge on the rear of the MY24 Corolla and replaced it with ‘HEV’? I quite like the colour but still prefer the Scarlet Flare worn by my car.

image.jpeg.de26680770a6d0d7d0f23f8d182b75f9.jpeg
https://www.carscoops.com/2023/11/toyotas-blue-hybrid-emblem-is-being-phased-out-blue-dot-to-replace-them/

Edit: found this link. Looks like the blue background Toyota logo on their hybrid vehicles is being phased out - no more blue on the Toyota Badge on the front and rear and on the rear, ‘HEV’ plus a blue dot in replaces  ‘Hybrid’. Personally I like the blue on the Toyota Badge, it provides a nice colour accent to the red paint on mine. My car was built right at the end of 2023, so may have been one of the last batch of cars to leave the factory with the blue Toyota badge.

Great! I always thought black looks better on the emblem. Is the new non-blue toyota logo + HEV only for the UK models, or all EU?

On 2/3/2024 at 4:12 PM, ollie.chambers1 said:

Found these on the Lindop Toyota's (a dealer in Wrexham, UK) Facebook page. Appears to be a MY24 GR Sport hatchback in bi-tone super green with black roof.

Seams to be more of a teal colour rather than green!

FB_IMG_1706972853881.jpg

FB_IMG_1706972863890.jpg

FB_IMG_1706972861080.jpg

That's lovely. My car color (Bronze Metallic 6X1) looked quite different from inside the dealership. More shiny bronze / gold, whereas outside, and with low light, can looks more like dark grey, faded bronze, and with the sun out, goes back to bronze / gold.

I suspect the green / teal will be the same, and will darken and brighten depending on ambient light, which is pretty cool. In any case, with a GR Sport / bi-tone, the green would definitely be the one for me. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2024 at 10:30 PM, trashman1965 said:

Have you get yours? I got a official reply that digital key was delay, may be it will coming later this year. 

57 minutes ago, sobong said:

Have you get yours? I got a official reply that digital key was delay, may be it will coming later this year. 

Hi... I am hopefully getting mine next week. So they are saying it will be a software update that all cars will get or only new ones built? 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links