Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Are SatNav Updates Free (UK)

Wikinoob

Morning people,

I am due to pick up a 66reg Excel with JBL Audio and Go Plus and was wondering if the satnav updates are free as I believe the previous owner has never updated them and Toyota want £200 to do the update! Sure I read that you can do it yourself via USB from the EStore but until I get the car I cannot sign in properly due to needing the VIN and dealer being shut today.

Many Thanks

nope, you can get it off the estore for £120 tho

you will need a vin/reg and also the device's ID

From what I understand, they are free for the first three years, and then require payment. So, as @flash22 says, you will need to buy the updates. It may be worth speaking with the seller/Dealer, to see if they would pay for £120 for the update??

2 hours ago, Big_D said:

It may be worth speaking with the seller/Dealer, to see if they would pay for £120 for the update??

You just made my day, you have more chance of getting blood out of a stone or finding rocking horse droppings on a unicorn farm

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Wikinoob said:

Toyota want £200 to do the update!

It'll cost you £119 and a couple of hours of your time - and a 32GB FAT32 formatted USB drive if you don't already have one to hand. The process of downloading from Toyota and transferring to the USB drive takes a little while, then it's about 75 minutes to install to the car. So, it takes a little longer than we might hope / expect ... 😉

The difference is the cost of the dealer's time ...

It really should be simpler than faffing about with a flash drive. The current process relies on someone being reasonably IT literate and having a computer. 

24 minutes ago, UncleZen said:

It really should be simpler than faffing about with a flash drive. The current process relies on someone being reasonably IT literate and having a computer. 

Isn't technology wonderful, tbf if you follow the instructions it isn't that difficult (if you know where to look) Toyota isn't the worst by a long shot

23 hours ago, flash22 said:

You just made my day, you have more chance of getting blood out of a stone or finding rocking horse droppings on a unicorn farm

You've been speaking with my customers, haven't you?? Dealing with some of them is exactly like that.

Is it true that the 22 onwards have cloud maps??  Hope so, then I dont have to bother with this faffing around.  If I do, then so be it.  Did it on my last Kia. Its the downloading of the updates that takes ages, even on a reasonable fast connection....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links