Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Beep

AurisOwner32

Anyone know what the random singular beep is in a 2016 Auris 1.2t? I have the warning for going over speed limit by any amount turned off. Will the nav on my touch 2 unit still warn about speed cameras even if the audio on the map is muted? If so, is there any way to stop this singular beep sound? 

2 hours ago, AurisOwner32 said:

Anyone know what the random singular beep is in a 2016 Auris 1.2t? I have the warning for going over speed limit by any amount turned off. Will the nav on my touch 2 unit still warn about speed cameras even if the audio on the map is muted? If so, is there any way to stop this singular beep sound? 

Update --- Seems its definitely the speed cameras because I made a point to drive back up the same stretch of road where I heard it earlier and again the beep went off. There used to be a fixed camera there before they did some major road works and pulled it out.

So yeah, the older map data on the nav thinks there's a camera there and that's fine but even so.... does anyone know if this sound can be disabled somehow???

• Like 1

Yeah I think this video is more about setting the speed limit warning which I already have disabled. So that's not what's beeping at me. 

I'm pretty sure it's the location of fixed speed cameras in the Nav data but my question is can that be disabled? Cause like I said in the OP even though I have the Nav muted I still get this one quick singular beep when approaching camera locations or previous camera locations.

• Like 1

Hi Jay,

I would see if a map update is available to get rid of old camera locations. It may be a obviously question but have you tried going through all the settings to see if a volume or mute facility is available.

I would think if it's not then you may not be able to disable it. Is anything in the owner's manual that may help.

I haven't got a sat nav on my Auris as it's the icon and didn't come with one. I use Waze and Google maps on our phone .

• Like 1

This sounds very promising Bob. Thanks for rooting out the information for me. I must tinker with the settings when I'm at the car. Will keep you posted 📫 👍🏻

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links