Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Battery voltage drop short term storage

Andrew39

Hoping kind people can again help? We’ve a Yaris hybrid and people advised me before when a voltage drop brought on a power steering light fault.

Following that If invested in a smart charger and made sure the Battery was up to FULL on the smart charger before going on an eight day holiday. Whilst away the r was locked up, with the keys (all of them) stored over four metres from the car.

On return I checked the voltage by plugging in the smart charger again and it had fallen to 11.9 from 14.6 (as above). Whilst I’ve since charged it back up can you good folk advise me is this a normal voltage drop or is there an unexpected drain somewhere? Thank you for reading, Andrew

Hi, 

fully charged Battery it won’t be as high as 14.6v, this was perhaps while still connected to the charger. Resting voltage on a healthy Battery is between 12.4v and 13v. For 8 days of inactivity is perhaps normal for the Battery  to go down to 11.9v. Have you tried to start the car with 11.9v or you have charged full first? Usually the car will start without problem at 11.9v. 👍

• Thanks 1

Thanks Tony for your insight - I didn’t appreciate the difference as you’ve outlined it between whilst connected and as a resting charge. I hasn’t started it but will be doing so tomorrow and because of your kind reply feel a lot happier about the whole thing. Thank you.👍

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Andrew39 said:

Thanks Tony for your insight - I didn’t appreciate the difference as you’ve outlined it between whilst connected and as a resting charge. I hasn’t started it but will be doing so tomorrow and because of your kind reply feel a lot happier about the whole thing. Thank you.👍

You are welcome. 
Let us know how it will go tomorrow. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links