Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Black box to reduce insurance cost

ISL

Well I may be a dinosaur, but the more tech that is installed in new cars, the less it makes me want one , even if it is working properly.

As I understand it, tech relies on a yes or no binary model,as in basic 1 or 0.

No capacity to understand variations of malfunctions in electronics,or human mistakes and error.

If you can speak to a human,or someone pretending to be one, it's not much better.

In the " customer service" of utilities, NHS, retail and other so called services, you might as well be speaking to a yes or no robot in my experience.

Of course, the rare ones who actually give a flying cluck about who they are speaking to, stand out, and deserve a big pay rise and promotion IMO.

Maybe my sort is dying out, and the new world will be a lot more efficient, with no room for any human understanding at all.

Just binary machines and binary humans with no real understanding of anything at all.

But where there is life, there is hope,as they say, I am optimistic really 🙂

• Like 4

It depends on your restrictions like time of day go outside this any you end up paying more.

If you have a few cars on the driveway and do a car shuffle that alone can effect the price you pay.

• Like 1

The motor manufacturers still spout their blurbs about how exciting it is to drive their cars, and what an experience it is. How many owners really drive their cars, when half the time the electronics take over?   I’ll use any of the ‘gimmicks’ where I believe they add to my safety on the roads - the rest I just ignore or turn off.

And what could be more boring than the upcoming self-driving cars?  Just sitting there, doing nothing except keeping a watch for something not working properly.  After two or three years of “driving” such cars, how many drivers will become unfit to drive a normal car, or even lose some of their natural ability? 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Haliotis said:

The motor manufacturers still spout their blurbs about how exciting it is to drive their cars, and what an experience it is. How many owners really drive their cars, when half the time the electronics take over?   I’ll use any of the ‘gimmicks’ where I believe they add to my safety on the roads - the rest I just ignore or turn off.

The exact reason why I bought one of these 😀

• Haha 3

Black box one driver was complaining it has loged him doing over 500 MPH NO its not a rocket car.

• Haha 3

What gets me is things like that are clearly errors, but they actually log them and count them against you, and you have to fight to get them cleared! :wacko:

It reminds me a Punto driver who was in the news years (Or decades?? christ I'm old! :crybaby: ) ago because he got done for doing something ridiculous like 180mph, and the police actually pushed for prosecution and he had to pay to get the car independently tested and verified by experts to testify that his car wasn't physically capable of moving at such speeds! :laugh: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Cyker’s post confirms a view that I have always held - that the motorist is always wrong and the police/authorities are always right in the eyes of the law.  Attitudes haven’t changed that much since the days when someone had to walk in front of a car with a red flag.

13 hours ago, Cyker said:

What gets me is things like that are clearly errors, but they actually log them and count them against you, and you have to fight to get them cleared! :wacko:

It reminds me a Punto driver who was in the news years (Or decades?? ***** I'm old! :crybaby: ) ago because he got done for doing something ridiculous like 180mph, and the police actually pushed for prosecution and he had to pay to get the car independently tested and verified by experts to testify that his car wasn't physically capable of moving at such speeds! :laugh: 

Only if it was dropped out of an aircraft.

• Haha 3

I like it, Bob.   Those police officers should thank their lucky stars that the Tornado pilot was more quick-witted than the officers, and the RAF should be pleased that two military funerals were avoided.   🥵

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links