Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New ignition cylinder, with new keys

Quvi

Hi Folks...

I dont quite know if im in the right forum, but...

Have a little problem...

Our Yaris got stolen. The thief has the transponder key. 

I know how to erase and code new keys. So the stolen key has been erased. I have now changed the locks. Thats fine and easy. 

But, when I change the ignition lock(with new key), the car wont accept it. Changed the amplifier module (to fit with the new key) Tried to reset the immobilizer (pin 4 and 13)

Does the immobilizer need to be reset to new keys on a computer or is there a " "manual" fix?

Hi...

Yes, I have the original key. And I now changed the ignition lock back. And I can start with that. But would like the new key to work all around. I think its computer time... to change the original codes in the immobilizer?

Ah i see, if you have the master you should be able to remove the other key from the immobilizer, no issue you can just change the barrel and leave the immobilizer alone, fit the new blade into the old key fob (assuming it a remote fob key)

was it a remote fob key that was stolen ??

Yes. The original remote. I tried to change the old barrel with the new. But didnt work. The car will only accept the old key( barrel)

You have to put the key in the cylinder to insert it and make sure it's aligned you can get it out by 180 degees

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links