Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Searching for non-UK Auris component

KirkyB

Hi all,

I've recently purchased a replacement fascia for my 2013 Auris so that I can install an Android head unit, however, one of the assemblies doesn't match the UK Auris, i.e. the opening for it isn't rectangular.

I've been able to find the part here...

https://www.amayama.com/en/part/toyota/8395012310

When I ordered it the opening looked rectangular, but when you zoom in, you can see that it's not. I only found this out after receiving the package from China 🤦🏼‍♂️

Does anybody know of any good / cheap parts sellers or does anybody have one going spare?

Cheers,

Kirk

IMG_20231014_104330.jpg

Screenshot_2023-10-07-12-17-58-858_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd-edit.jpg

That's a JDM Facia (E180), the part you list is for a 05/2014 - 03/2015 the tell-tail does not have the same functions and uses a different connector

is it a standard din facia or 8, 9 or 10"

Hey Flash22, thanks for getting back to me. It's a 10" unit.

Could you recommend an alternative please? I'd really appreciate your help.

Ideally I'm looking to maintain its functionality and worst case scenario is one where I can at least have something that plugs the hole.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, KirkyB said:

Hey Flash22, thanks for getting back to me. It's a 10" unit.

Could you recommend an alternative please? I'd really appreciate your help.

Ideally I'm looking to maintain its functionality and worst case scenario is one where I can at least have something that plugs the hole.

Cheers.

Probably worth biting the bullet and buying the correct fascia and wouldn't recommend trying to drive without the airbag/seatbelt warning light warning telltale working either.I agree the image is misleading advertising  because the facia is tilted to make the telltale opening look bigger than it actually is.

I assume most most cheap chinese sites just knockoff the Japanese built models part not aware that there is a UK built Auris that's slightly different. The main reason why the euro market Auris Tell-tale opening is bigger and more square than the smaller rectangle shaped one you have got is is because of euro ncap crash safety mandating extra information such as passenger seat airbag deactivation warning when fitting a baby seat. 

• Thanks 1

@KirkyB which android head unit did you buy, out of curiousity?

I've just joined the Auris club, and woud like to do the same as my car doesn't have the NAV feature built in.

Cheers

Hi, I went for the 10" L6 plus and a fascia from here...

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EGDoh1v

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EGThUYT

However, I'd suggest opting for an alternative solution (eg. 9" that can be installed into your existing dash) as I'm now left with a small hole in the dash that I cannot find a component for. I may put a little tray in there and fill it full of jelly beans for my kids 🤣

Kirk

• Thanks 1

Get a factory trim and cut in the trim to suit it shouldn't be that much different, (the bit with the hole)

22 minutes ago, KirkyB said:

Hi, I went for the 10" L6 plus and a fascia from here...

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EGDoh1v

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EGThUYT

However, I'd suggest opting for an alternative solution (eg. 9" that can be installed into your existing dash) as I'm now left with a small hole in the dash that I cannot find a component for. I may put a little tray in there and fill it full of jelly beans for my kids 🤣

Kirk

Thank you.

What was wrong with the fascia they sent you?

Is the hole not big enough on the fascia?

Can't you use a dremel or something similar to cut the fascia hole to match the shape on the dashboard?

Sorry @flash22

I'm not deliberately trying to be an idiot, but I can't tell the difference between the two links you've put up 🙃

1st post edited (hit refresh)

2nd link shows the fascia from the rear

e180jdm.thumb.jpg.74f808b1c2613db79d1e34b2e3087219.jpg

op's car pre 2014

IMG_20231014_104330.jpg.91fec2a5d58f16ce

• Thanks 1

@flash22I seeeee!!

Thanks for the clarification.

Which fascia is the correct one, for future reference?

I may want to upgrade my head unit in the near future.

Sorry, wasn't meant to quote myself!

Ok ignore my last question. I should order a 9" system so I don't have to change the fascia. Got it!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi sorry, we got back from Cyprus at 1am this morning so I've not had the chance. I'll be giving it a go this weekend

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links