Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Drive Quality

butlerbill

4 hours ago, Roy124 said:

I did get stopped very late at night in deepest, darkest,  rural Lincolnshire.

"Where have you come from?"

"Izmir"

It was not the answer he expected but was true. 

I got stopped very late one night and asked where I came from, I honestly replied Cerney Wick, to which BIB asked where's that, I said near South Cerney. He leaned on the door with a heavy sigh and said I've just come on shift and got all night. Fortunately he had a sense of humour!

• Haha 1

On 10/24/2023 at 1:47 PM, YarisHybrid2016 said:

This is also my experience. Rides better and is quieter than my Gen.3 Yaris on 16"!

As for the Cross, ours is Excel with 17" alloys, and it rides better than my GR Sport, which I already consider very good. It's not all about wheel diameter.

Maybe it is just different to what you're used to? As suggested above, go have a test drive in a different (but same spec) Cross and do a comparison. Hopefully they are the same (to you), meaning there is no problem with yours.

Assuming there isn't a problem, then I hope you can adapt to it, as it is a great car.

How did you manage to get 17" wheels on an Excel Cross? Thought it only came with 18" wheels like mine on order?

My bad!! For some reason I thought it had 17". It does indeed have 18". That means the rolling OD of the tyre is larger on the Cross! I thought the Yaris and Cross had the same size wheels/tyres, but they don't!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, YarisHybrid2016 said:

My bad!! For some reason I thought it had 17". It does indeed have 18". That means the rolling OD of the tyre is larger on the Cross! I thought the Yaris and Cross had the same size wheels/tyres, but they don't!

good news for me then really. Didn't seem to bad to me on my test drive and I deliberately went over a few pot holes. Not great but probably better than my Captur on 18" rims.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2023 at 8:53 PM, Cyker said:

I assume they have some sort of deal rather than any specific expectation of quality.

I'm not sure why they use Falkens, but Bridgestone used to be their standard tyre supplier (My Mk4 came with Bridgestones on the 17" rims).

I think they were using Continentals back in the Aygo/Early Mk3 Yaris era.

The current darlings are Michelin Pilot Sport 4s for hooning, Michelin Primacy 4 if you have a lot of money or an ATS Euromaster nearby, Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance 2 if you don't, and Michelin Crossclimates or Goodyear Vector4Seasons if you need all-season tyres.

I'm running Hankook's at the moment because I'm a cheapskate and they're the least awful tyres I could find without paying premium brand tyre prices. :laugh: 

Falkens have a pretty good reputation, despite being somewhat obscure, they're owned by the Japanese company Sumitomo, I've actually had the Fk510's on a 5 series bmw and they were very good, certainly a lot cheaper than the bigger brands, I always used to source my tyres from Camskills and just had a look on there for Falkens but yes the range offered seems to have been reduced.

Here's the results from a 2018 test where the MPS 4 came top, and the Falkens second.

The snapshot is taken from here ..

https://www.protyre.co.uk/news/march-2018/falken-tyres-the-best-value-tyres-for-the-british-weather

Kumho is another of those less prolific but great quality tyres btw.

tyres.JPG

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links