Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mmt

Dash599

Hi, I am looking for some advice. Recently had my clutch and both actuators refurbished. The car is a 2008 yaris diesel did. The problem i keep getting is i will lose drive the n light flashes.  Only way to resolve this is pull over switch off engine and wait for the n light to go out.  Then start the engine and off you can go again.  The gear change is very smooth when running. Does anyone know how I can resolve this? Also I have no fault codes showing when this happens.  Many thanks in advance. 

Are you using a decent scan tool as some basic ones will not read the MMT - there are lots of reasons for the N to flash

I would start with a relearn

INF12215_GB.pdf

who refurb'd the actuators ?

Hi flash22,

All the work was carried out by my local garage,  mccrudens.  But where they sent actuators I don't know. Mccrudens was the only garage that would touch it. As they have done these repairs before. 

I have only had the car back a week, managed to get 270 miles out of it until tmi lost drive again.  Also would when the clutch went they only replaced the clutch and the clutch actuator. Was ok for a bit but kept losing drive all the time but no fault would ever show up. The garage had it back a few times and remapped it all again,  was ok for a bit and fault reapeared. So they took both actuators out and sent them off testing again. They came back and said there was a motor sticking on the gear actuator. Now back to where I started basically.  Not sure what I can do now with the garage. 

Moved to the Yaris forum.

Hi Flash22,

Thank you. I will share this with the garage when it goes back in. I'm not technically minded,  but I hope they will have an understanding of the pdfs.

Thank you again. 

Dash

59 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Will the car drive in manual mode rather than E ?

I have not tried it. Considering it is very random it would take a week or more to find out or even longer.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links