Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Transmission fluid

wills777

Pls does anyone know how to check transmission fluid for Toyota auris hybrid 2010 the car is very new to me pls thanks 

Hi. 
You need to lift the car up on the ramp and be levelled  preferably all 4 Wheels off the ground. Then there is a filler plug you need to crack this open and fluid should start dripping slowly. If not then put finger in and see if you touch fluid if not then you may need to top,up until start dripping, then stop adding fluid and replace the nut. Torque  to 40Nm. 
image.thumb.jpeg.437c9d777ec994c09ca3b825d7611a98.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Transmission fluid in the Gen 3 Prius is not that critical to replace. The wear is very minimal—no clutch, no torque converter, and cooled with water.   It matters more in Yaris because it has no coolant for transmission cooling, just the fluid as the cooler.  There are many video for Prius 3 2010-2015 for changing the transmission fluid.  You can get a genuine Toyota WS or a certified Dexron VI (very similar and easier to find) that TESLA also uses. The price for ATF  Toyota WS is not high, cheaper than regular Longlife 0w-20 engine  oil.   WE need 3.4 L of fluid. Just drain and refill, like differential. 99.9% fluid volume is replaced because we have no torque converter. 

• Like 1

There's a drain plug washer to replace 90430 12008 if you're going to change fluid

• Like 2

If you are the first person to undo the fill plug (likely), then on the two Aurises I've done, both low-mileage one-owner cars, the hex bolt comes loose suddenly with a very obvious loud 'crack' sound - it seems to become remarkably tight over time!  A good opportunity for bleeding knuckles here when it finally yields.

I found a 10mm hex adaptor that fitted into a 3/8" or 1/2" socket set very useful, not least because although the bolt is very visible, it's hard to get up close to with a regular hex drive (Allen) key. This, largely because of the adjacent drive shaft and chassis member etc., IIRC.

Whilst I can't find a reference, I believe that the Toyota spec. for the fluid level is allowable to 10mm below the fill plug orifice when the car is on a level surface.

• Like 1

I bought generic 10 aluminum washer from eBay with the exact same dimension. The torque value is not high, but the washer causes the removing torque specs high. That's normal. 

I used the transmission washer more than one time and it did not leak either. The solid aluminum washer is like coin, it is not deformed as much as crushed washer for  the differential or transfer case that are hollow inside. 

So, no need to buy overprice Toyota parts for transmission plug washers. 

• Like 2

You could also anneal the old one to reuse it 

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links