Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cheaper premium?

Dave47

1 hour ago, Haliotis said:

Also, where an EV driver is not at fault in an accident, the offending third party’s insurance should foot the entire costs, AND insurers should only bump up premiums for drivers responsible for accidents.

That's what happens already tho'...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Haliotis said:

If the government want us to switch to EVs then, until the problems with them in comparison to ICE cars is sorted out, as far as insurance is concerned the government should subsidise premiums for EVs.

Also, where an EV driver is not at fault in an accident, the offending third party’s insurance should foot the entire costs, AND insurers should only bump up premiums for drivers responsible for accidents.

When you say the government should subsidise premiums what you are actually saying is that taxpayers should subsidise premiums and I certainly don’t agree with that. 

• Like 3

Yes I agree with @davidifthe tax payer already subsidies everything as the Government doesn't have any money as it all belongs to us.

The insurance companies are primarily there to make money,It seems incredibly how the level of premium increases has been met by the public with virtually no resistance and any that does is just pushed aside and goes ahead anyway. 

It's almost like they want us to get used to higher prices so any future increases will be just accepted. They do this already with announcing months in advance the increase in the energy cap.:mad:

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Haliotis said:

as far as insurance is concerned the government should subsidise premiums for EVs

The problem with the Government subsidising anything, is that ultimately it's you and me who pay for this through our taxes. Exactly as @davidif says

• Like 3

Yesterday I contacted my insurers because I noticed they had not yet taken the premium out of my bank account, and the current policy expires at midnight on Friday.  They confirmed there was nothing to worry about and, during conversation, I did say that the increase was more than I would expect.  The agent went through my details, but nothing could be changed to reduce it, then he asked me when I passed my driving test.  When I told him 1953 he reduced my premium by a further £9.  Never had this happen before, so how many drivers out there may be losing out on this?

• Confused 1

If you have any 30+ daughters with clean licences try putting them on too!

Out of curiosity, did you just let it renew or had you looked for better deals but not found any?

• Haha 3

My insurance is due to renew towards the end of the month. I did the usual comparison checks and decided that it wasn't worth changing to some totally unknown insurance company to save a a few pounds (£21.00 some change). Pushing my luck, I called my current insurance company and asked if they could do anything on the price, and they reduced it by £46.00. I'm a happy puppy.

• Like 4

I know the topic is about car insurance, but my household insurance is due for renewal next week. I received the renewal notice a few weeks ago and rang the insurance company last week. I told them that I could do with it lowering by €40/50. Thirty seconds later, I had a €54 reduction which made my premium just €20 more than last year and that was better than any other quote I had found. 🙂. I would advise everyone to not accept the renewal quote and make a telephone call - I query it every year and nearly always get a reduction. The renewal for the car insurance should be appearing in the next week or two  ............

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Insurance is due in early January and the renewal quote from Direct Line appeared in today's post. 58% increase. 😲

They want a 4 figure sum for someone with 25+ years experience, full no claims (and no history) and a clean license. Car is stored in a secure car park with 3 cameras pointed at it.

Time to shop around, just not with LV who refuse to quote on Hybrids.

• Like 2

My renewal has arrived - by email, so they are not paying any postage! It has gone up by €83.48, (20% as near as makes no difference), and that is from the reduced price I got 12 months ago after making my usual telephone call. 😉. Looks like I will have to make another telephone call - after I have done a comparison with other companies of course!

• Like 2

Anyone using Toyota Insurance Services? They're giving very competitive quotes, but the TrustPilot reviews are ... bad.

• Like 3

On 12/9/2023 at 7:37 PM, Cyker said:

If you have any 30+ daughters

Blimey Cyker, must be some lead in your pencil to have 30 + daughters 😂😂😂

• Haha 6

Further to my Post on Thursday. I have done a bit of looking around today. Flippin' 'eck - the cheapest quote I could find was only about €30 less than my renewal quote :shocking: and that only had a step back NCB protection rather the full protection I have at the moment. Some quotes were more than double! I will still make a telephone call next week and ask for a few Euro reduction - one never knows ones luck. 😊

• Like 1

I renewed my Smart car insurance on the 26th of November.

I started looking at prices on the 22nd of September and have 70 emails from all the comparison sites between those two dates with hundreds of quotes in.

Once I have some prices I go to Quidco.com and follow that through. If I buy through Quidco then in 3 months I get £30 to £40 back.

Final figure this year was £255 to Tesco and £35 back in 120 days.

There is absolutely no logic in insurance and no rules you can apply. It is just a huge time consuming waste or resources.

Personal opinion is that if you need something in order to stay alive or the government say you must have it then the government should sort it out. If you want more than basic cover then that is your option but the legal minimum should be government controlled in my opinion.

I regret the day when I gave up my traders policy every single year at renewal time.

• Like 3

On 12/23/2023 at 9:32 PM, dannyboy413 said:

Further to my Post on Thursday. I have done a bit of looking around today. Flippin' 'eck - the cheapest quote I could find was only about €30 less than my renewal quote :shocking: and that only had a step back NCB protection rather the full protection I have at the moment. Some quotes were more than double! I will still make a telephone call next week and ask for a few Euro reduction - one never knows ones luck. 😊

Well, I made my telephone call today and got €25 knocked off. 👍

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links