Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

driver's door on Yaris Cross

denis7

The bottom corner of the driver's door on my brand new Yaris Cross has a very sharp metallic edge. So far I have twice cut my leg on it when the door started to close on my driveway which is on a slope. The last cut was pretty bad and needed medical attention. Has anybody had a similar experience with this car model? I used to have a CHR and never had any issues so I was wondering if this is a common problem with the Yaris. (apart from the potentially lethal door the car is great) 

• Sad 1

I have never noticed this on my YC, but I don't think I have ever had the door close on to my legs - will have a look tomorrow if I remember. However, I would take it back to the dealers, if convenient, and get them to put it right. You could always put a bit of tape over the offending bit as a temorary measure. :question:

• Like 1

Any pictures will be appreciated. It could be manufacturing defect so with pictures we can compare to other car owners doors. 

If you are talking about the bottom closing corner, most cars they are lethal if you get you leg in the way. My Mother in Law had a nasty lump of flesh taken off her leg from my old Mercedes, the door needs to be a radius not an angular shape.

• Like 1

And the upper part too.  Emerging from the rear of a Vauxhall I got the corner of the door top dead centre on my forehead.  Never looked at a Vauxhall since.

• Like 1

I once trapped my fingers in a sliding van door…not something I’d recommend 

• Like 1

You can buy car door corner covers.

Here is a selection of UK supplied (dear) or Chinese supplied (cheap) so select as required!  I often buy bits off Wish or Aliexpress.

Google search Car Door Corners

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links