Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2018 Vitz pregnant wife & help

gok

the switch and the tailgate are not physically connected does the stalk work as it should ??

with the rear fog on you should have 12v at pin 3 on 3D !! turn it off you should have zero volts - then it is a case of tracing the wire to the back of the car the tailgate harness plugs into the body harness above the headlining

connector OK4

xp130locationrear.thumb.png.8af80958ceecdb4135b89bb5390687f8.png

7 minutes ago, flash22 said:

the switch and the tailgate are not physically connected does the stalk work as it should ??

with the rear fog on you should have 12v at pin 3 on 3D !! turn it off you should have zero volts - then it is a case of tracing the wire to the back of the car the tailgate harness plugs into the body harness above the headlining

connector OK4

xp130locationrear.thumb.png.8af80958ceecdb4135b89bb5390687f8.png

I see to be honest I didn’t test out pin 3 as I got scared when I looked at pin 2 on tailgate but are you saying the wire from pin 3 goes to a connector in headlining ? (How would I get to this ?)

would I just test pin 3 by positive on multimeter and ground of multimeter on a body ground ? 

im gonna test continuity and see if pin 3 comes up on tailgate connector but yes to confirm the stalk works as it should when I flick rear fog ,it lights up on dash as orange symbol and front fog is green 

my plan as it stands is to fit stalk and UK driver rear light and get auto elec to run a cable from that 1 pin to fog led module.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gok said:

I see to be honest I didn’t test out pin 3 as I got scared when I looked at pin 2 on tailgate but are now saying the wire from pin 3 goes to a connector I’m headlining ? 

would I just test pin 3 by positive on multimeter and ground of multimeter on a body ground ? 

im gonna test continuity and see if pin 3 comes up on tailgate connector but yes to confirm the stalk works as it should when I flick rear fog ,it lights up on dash as orange symbol and front fog is green 

yes, yes, and yes

if the wire does not go into the tailgate it will go to the plug above the headlining

13 minutes ago, flash22 said:

yes, yes, and yes

if the wire does not go into the tailgate it will go to the plug above the headlining

Got ya sorry mate just wanted to be sure I’m gonna test for continuity and see if this comes up on tailgate 

6 hours ago, flash22 said:

yes, yes, and yes

Ok so I tested pin 3 and unless I didn’t push my wire in far enough , I checked for continuity at back connector from pin 3 (ran a long cable) which was a green cable and it didn’t come up far as I could see so , I think the headlining might need to come down to get to the other connector you mention 🤦‍♂️

as I said auto Electrian coming tommorow as I think Iv taken this far enough on my own  , one last question if you don’t mind flash22 , given the airbag , clock spring etc has to come out for new stalk , is it worth it or could the Electrian run a cable from a switch to Pin 3 ? I’m guessing not as stalk communicates with BCM ? I did hear as fog is led it’s low voltage so a switch is fine. If not I’ll crack on tommorow and fit the stalk , just hope I don’t mess anything up but it seems , screwdriver under steering cover release bottom clip and then other 2 clips then remove clock spring and airbag , after undo big nut and steering wheel.

let’s see what we discover tommorow as I didn’t dare check for 12v at pin 3 given my shenanigans at rear was worries if short something.

again please pm me an address or email and I’ll send you a something for your troubles 🙏

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links