Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyre pressure monitoring

excitroen

Yaris hybrid 71 after the recent cold snap the warning tyre light came on then when it warmed up it went off only to come back on but no pressures were being shown.

I have been into settings and  held the  ok button down for 3 beeps, the light has gone off but no pressures  are being shown on the diagram.

ohh for a reset button!

• Like 1

Hi Frank, I got an email the other week from my dealer explaining how the TPMS system is affected by the low temperatures and what to do 👍

Mine did the same (no pressures showing), I left the display showing the blanks, pressed the OK button (strangely didn't get any beeps) and left it on that display.  Drove to the shops about 5 miles away on a "60" road and by the time I got to the car park, the display was showing the tyre pressures.  Maybe just need a good run to finish the resetting?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, jthspace said:

Mine did the same (no pressures showing), I left the display showing the blanks, pressed the OK button (strangely didn't get any beeps) and left it on that display.  Drove to the shops about 5 miles away on a "60" road and by the time I got to the car park, the display was showing the tyre pressures.  Maybe just need a good run to finish the resetting?

It does.  Of course the tyre pressures should be the first port of call and only if that doesn’t fix it should the pressures be initialised.  If just fitted a set of wheels I bought off eBay and registered those as a second set.  That needed a run to complete the registration.  

• Like 2

The TPMS readout doesn't come on immediately when you turn the car on - They will always just show the dashed lines at first. You have to drive for a few minutes to wake up the sensors and for the car to get a fix on which one's which.

Messing with the settings or trying to reset them will just make it take longer.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, anchorman said:

Of course the tyre pressures should be the first port of call and only if that doesn’t fix it should the pressures be initialised.

As an ex-control systems engineer I never cease to be amazed by people's assumption that a warning light means a problem with the warning system, not the thing it's monitoring.

The number of times I had to explain the fallout after an operator just acknowledged an alarm but took no action ... 😪

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i  checked the pressures before i tried to reset when the tyre symbol was showing the  non pressures on the diagram were in orange  and black  -- --now the tyre symbol has gone off the pressures not showing are in black and white  _ _ _ _

1 hour ago, excitroen said:

i  checked the pressures before i tried to reset when the tyre symbol was showing the  non pressures on the diagram were in orange  and black  -- --now the tyre symbol has gone off the pressures not showing are in black and white  _ _ _ _

Have you driven the car per @Cyker's post above?

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Reduced the tyre pressures on my new Excel yesterday; it had been supplied with the tyres set at 39psi front and 36psi rear (no surprise based on others’ experience…). I reset the TPMS, all reporting ok.
This morning when I picked up my phone I saw an alert (time stamped 4am) from the myToyota app informing me there had been a sudden loss of pressure. Checked tyres and all are ok; this must have been a delayed message from me deflating the tyres yesterday morning. Really useful, thanks Toyota 🙄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Next time I will  take the car to the dealer- "Fix!"

Yes, I could DIY but why should I?

BTW, last car was sold by a very keen, helpful,  young kid.  Come the time to collect it, another VKHYK did the honours and was very keen to get 10/10 score.   Even came out to sort out the connections. 

Current salesman has a new title,  a stubble masquerading as a beard, and will be lucky to get 5/10.  Bet he won't go the extra yard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/21/2024 at 12:07 PM, Roy124 said:

Next time I will  take the car to the dealer- "Fix!"

Yes, I could DIY but why should I?

Surely if you make them note that tyres are over inflated they will say that the values reported on OM or in the door label are indicative and too conservative and they have infalted the tyres for the best perfomances. 😃

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links