Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Urgent Help Needed Please

Freja77

:help: The other day the oil light flashed on on my Toyota Avensis when I turned a corner. Since then it has not come on again. But I had it in my mind that I must check the oil. I noticed periodically the engine sounded rattly and this occurred mostly when cornering or something like that. Well today I did get oil. I feel a complete *****. Because I checked the oil and it did not register on the dip stick at all.

I put two litres in and its only just above the min. But the oil warning light never came on more than the once when cornering and the engine starts up fine light comes on and then goes out.

What damage will I have done. Its having a service on Friday and I want to check out what damage may have been done. Can anyone put my mind at rest at all. I am concerned now and Ihave enough to worry about without having another thing to add to the list.

Will I be OK running it on oil just above the min until Friday? I would suspect that I may do 120 miles or 150 between now and then.

Many thanks

Freja

Yeh.. I had this happen to me,

There is a low oil warning light.... so low you have non...

I did what you did but drove about 500 miles..

no problem, but at service they did point it out to me as a possible warrant breach if engine had failed....

so lesson to be learned , dont say owt to toyota if the engine blows just add oil and be silent. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links