Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T27 scan tool

rob42

image.thumb.png.531ab5766a1db9da6e0caa2ea4b1ca9a.png

has anyone any recommendations on scan tools? ideally best bang for buck? was having a look on Amazon and they seem to be a lot cheaper then I remember are they any good?

A laptop and Delphi is cheapest, should be about £30 if you have a laptop.

thanks will look into that i currently only have a work pc and a desktop may pick up a cheap one, are the standalone ones pictured any good?

• Like 1

i bought one of these when i got mine it had lifetime updates for all the cars .i see lately now  autel charges now for other cars updates ita a good scanner dose dpf and all .i got mine back in feb 2022

used for £161 plus postage .i had a differnt autel one that didnt do dpf and i sold it on and bought this one 

https://www.autel.uk/product/maxidiag-md808-pro/

On 2/2/2024 at 9:14 AM, Mjolinor said:

A laptop and Delphi is cheapest, should be about £30 if you have a laptop.

only the program is insufficient, you still need the interface cable from Delphi, otherwise it will not work,

12 minutes ago, mekanieker said:

only the program is insufficient, you still need the interface cable from Delphi, otherwise it will not work,

Which is about £30 as stated above.

I always use Techstream with an OBD cable.

• Like 1

seems the best thing to do is pick up a cheap laptop? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rob42 said:

seems the best thing to do is pick up a cheap laptop? 

dude thats what i did  but better again but a cheap 160gb ssd and put it on ypur laptop load win 7 32 bit and put on fleabay toyota techstream and comes with a code and then when you need it you can just change over the ssd and you are ready to go thats what i did  but if you are looking for a real great dependable fast ish laptop thats great to use as i love them that much i have 2 lol  a dell e6430 core i5  they are class stay away from the core i3 and core i7 they are no good .i bought 2 like these i have ine id say for 10 years and the other one i bought for cheap came with no os and no hdd i put a ssd in it and got a cheap power cable on eBay and put on windows 7  on it using the product code on the back .they are a solid laptop never no bother with the dell e6430 core i5  i bought a core i7 and the thing ran way 2 hot and was really noisy so i sold it on again 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/386671099001?hash=item5a0764bc79:g:uXsAAOSwZIVlqtsQ&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA4C%2FMGO49hjmNO4YAS8CzaRgL75k%2FXgem1GxqPVDC6GGkjUgKrqpUvIA2BRbaDG8c%2BwdU9tIooATtWwf4iBLYUpqUB7HMQPjRLzl8iyvAAHScdYqIcdWbAkkQI7Rlof3XjufP0QtaGmL2TLANXQoxAgTO4D%2BfZEW9aXMqzGt8B%2FnzZb0EZYeMpDPwKnW8P5ggkq7mMyBOBzuoyUSWEoIgPbIDi3AYPExzKSGQ4YR3JP3cBe7ldF8ucSHjEHTDcvrYGvYKMFul5p%2BEaQf0JHIBRzzexXWgQC1eKyWpa%2FBn70dk|tkp%3ABk9SR-qwyKKxYw

9 hours ago, Shavestick said:

I always use Techstream with an OBD cable.

Which interface cable do you use for this and where did you buy it?

1 hour ago, 2009joe said:

dude thats what i did  but better again but a cheap 160gb ssd and put it on ypur laptop load win 7 32 bit and put on fleabay toyota techstream and comes with a code and then when you need it you can just change over the ssd and you are ready to go thats what i did  but if you are looking for a real great dependable fast ish laptop thats great to use as i love them that much i have 2 lol  a dell e6430 core i5  they are class stay away from the core i3 and core i7 they are no good .i bought 2 like these i have ine id say for 10 years and the other one i bought for cheap came with no os and no hdd i put a ssd in it and got a cheap power cable on ebay and put on windows 7  on it using the product code on the back .they are a solid laptop never no bother with the dell e6430 core i5  i bought a core i7 and the thing ran way 2 hot and was really noisy so i sold it on again 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/386671099001?hash=item5a0764bc79:g:uXsAAOSwZIVlqtsQ&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA4C%2FMGO49hjmNO4YAS8CzaRgL75k%2FXgem1GxqPVDC6GGkjUgKrqpUvIA2BRbaDG8c%2BwdU9tIooATtWwf4iBLYUpqUB7HMQPjRLzl8iyvAAHScdYqIcdWbAkkQI7Rlof3XjufP0QtaGmL2TLANXQoxAgTO4D%2BfZEW9aXMqzGt8B%2FnzZb0EZYeMpDPwKnW8P5ggkq7mMyBOBzuoyUSWEoIgPbIDi3AYPExzKSGQ4YR3JP3cBe7ldF8ucSHjEHTDcvrYGvYKMFul5p%2BEaQf0JHIBRzzexXWgQC1eKyWpa%2FBn70dk|tkp%3ABk9SR-qwyKKxYw

@2009joe win 7 is out of support for a while now which means no security updates from MS. Just be careful where you surf on the web and with any personal data on them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jim-p said:

@2009joe win 7 is out of support for a while now which means no security updates from MS. Just be careful where you surf on the web and with any personal data on them.

thanks i got a good antivirus on this laptop avast the paid one i used to have a vpn but i found out that whatever some reason things would not come up so tbh didnt use it much

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

No need for an anti-virus. Use XP/win7 inside a Virtual machine (which is bundled into Windows 10,11 - other VM flavours available, I like https://www.virtualbox.org/). 

The Techstream cable is widely available on that auction site. See item 386856630704 for example.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links