Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Update to infotainment system

koups

Hi all, I have tried to see if this has been asked before on the forum but cannot see it. We have a 2022 yaris cross- the infotainment system says there is an update that has downloaded and can be installed. However, it just wont install despite leaving the car running for over an hour. it says it is installing but then nothing happens. I have been to the dealer who said to connect to home wifi- tried and same thing happened. So now not sure how to upgrade this. We wanted to upgrade because sometimes carplay just disconnects and the system requires a reset- not sure if others have found this as well? Thank you for your advice. 

Have a look at this link. It may help

we had the same issue with our Yaris Cross Excel ..... it went on for months and in the finish the dealer replaced the unit in the car.

So I reccomend you keep in contact with your dealer and get the same action done.

Thank you for this advice- we have booked it in. 

• 2 weeks later...

So toyota kept this for 2 days and then said that they could not update it- they said it was to do with 2 updates coming down- a newer one and an older one. They said leave it for 4 weeks and see if that fixes it. We have already been trying for a month.

Has anyone else noticed that carplay can suddenly cut out- we were hoping that updating the system would fix this problem..

Thank you.

there are known issues with devices running iOS 17 try turning off bluetooth when using CarPlay (tethered)

On 2/14/2024 at 12:31 PM, koups said:

So toyota kept this for 2 days and then said that they could not update it- they said it was to do with 2 updates coming down- a newer one and an older one. They said leave it for 4 weeks and see if that fixes it. We have already been trying for a month.

Has anyone else noticed that carplay can suddenly cut out- we were hoping that updating the system would fix this problem..

Thank you.

In November 2023, I got the 1.23.135 upgrade for the Smart Connect system which I managed to install without any problems. In January of this year I then got un OTA upgrade for the DCM towards version 1.0.0B12. Now 2 days ago I saw on the infotainment screen that a version 1.23.136 is available for the Smart Connect, but the upgrade doesn't install. I've tried everything: checked the connection internet, uninstalled/reinstalled the USB connection nothing works; the system is blocked on "installation" for over an hour without end!

Any ideas please?

Same issue 😠

Also the same issue.  The navigation also no longer works. Very annoying. 

On 2/17/2024 at 12:13 PM, nadca said:

the upgrade doesn't install. I've tried everything: checked the connection internet, uninstalled/reinstalled the USB connection nothing works; the system is blocked on "installation" for over an hour without end!

Mine initially failed to install but I immediately tried again.  This time it first downloaded the update then successfully installed.  I can only think that the initial download was incomplete so wouldn’t install.

There is a new update been release today for the smart connect aka TAS600

BE-00606T-TME

Toyota Smart Connect (TAS600) - Software fixes - Running Change 6.2

Hi all, I have the hatchback (not the cross), but it’s the same system. I have been unable to do updates. I have just managed to fix the problem to show “up to date”. I went to Settings, System, then Factory Reset. Let it reboot. Then do all the updates again. This should fix it as it has for me. Took less than 10 minutes!

On 2/28/2024 at 2:37 PM, JakesYarisHybrid said:

Hi all, I have the hatchback (not the cross), but it’s the same system. I have been unable to do updates. I have just managed to fix the problem to show “up to date”. I went to Settings, System, then Factory Reset. Let it reboot. Then do all the updates again. This should fix it as it has for me. Took less than 10 minutes!

Thanks for that. I have a Yaris Cross Hybrid, and following a couple of unsuccessful attempts to update to 1.23.135 I used your method which worked easily. Even with having to repair mine and the wife's phones. 

So I signed up to the forum.

Thanks again, Ken

I got a popup yesterday, update 1.23.136 was available.   I was waiting for the school bus so went ahead.   No issues. 

PS

First was a 10Mb download.  Very quick.  Then the offer to install with car in Ready mode for about 10 minutes.  It switched the system off, then a % update bar.  At 100% it runs the update, restarts, reinitialised, and all good.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links