Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2003 corolla clock issues

corradovr6

Well i'm back.  I do like the TOC forum!

Electronic issue here - my wife's 2003 T3 corolla is having some clock issue.  For some reason it will automatically change to 18.29 no matter when you reset it.  Sometimes its after its been parked overnight and you come to start it again.  Sometimes its in the afternoon having stood for 5-6 hours.  If it is started after a short period it usually holds the time (once corrected).  The final scenario is that once it is started after a few hours, after 2-3 minutes of driving it will jump to around 2am.  I thought it may be a Battery issue, perhaps the rhs dial contacts were dirty but it doesn't seem to be that issue.  

As you can tell, electronics aren't my forte!

Hope everyone is well

Hasan

Hello Hasan, sorry dunno about the clock issues, but good to see you again anyway.🙂

Hi Paul,

Good to hear back from you.  How are you keeping?

How's the t-sport?  Have to admit i do miss mine...

Electrical diagrams show the Clock as a separate item fed by two fuses,  assume one is for the clocks power, the other for illumination when the sidelights are on.

However its more a case of what is under your dash panel,  the clock might be a separate unit  or it might be integrated into the rest of that panels circuitry.

You could strip it out and check for any poor connections etc , but always a risk of disturbing other functions .

Expect you can find a s/h part from the online breakers if needed or fit one of the many aftermarket clock modules if seeing the time is important to your good lady.

001901.thumb.jpg.a03d4e239d2d054f731dad9e03532ff5.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, corradovr6 said:

Hi Paul,

Good to hear back from you.  How are you keeping?

How's the t-sport?  Have to admit i do miss mine...

Not too bad thank you Hasan.

The Tsport is ok too, I don't drive it as far as I would like to now,as you probably read I had to have a new Battery last year, and a couple of rear springs, but not complaining.

Still a damn good car, and I have had a few over the years .

And yes,a shame that yours had to go, but hope you are enjoying what you have now.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi all, just to update this. Finally got round to looking into this. Firstly tried disconnecting the Battery for 10 minutes. Didn't do anything. Should have connected the + and - but forgot to!

Anyway, took the display out, which was quite fiddly, but thank God for an extendable magnet! Removed all the connectors, sprayed wd40 in each and refitted. And so far its ok. Not sure what the issue was but i hope it stays that way! 

I'll update if there's anything untoward.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links