Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Misfire...

Verso 2010

When I get error code P0303, it is a misfire on cylinder 3. I have changed the coil and plug, and deleted the error code. After a few meters of driving, I get a warning on the display about check vsc system. Why does that warning keep coming up even though I've deleted it after I've changed to new coils and plugs? Seems like the car runs on 3 cylinders plus the engine shakes at speed when it is under load. Could it be the cam sensor that is defective or not working properly? Anyone with experience or advice? The car is a Verso 2010 1.6L. 😕

Just now, Verso 2010 said:

When I get error code P0303, it is a misfire on cylinder 3. I have changed all the coils and plugs, and deleted the error code. After a few meters of driving, I get a warning on the display about check vsc system. Why does that warning keep coming up even though I've deleted it after I've changed to new coils and plugs? Seems like the car runs on 3 cylinders plus the engine shakes at speed when it is under load. Could it be the cam sensor that is defective or not working properly? Anyone with experience or advice? The car is a Verso 2010 1.6L. 😕

Topic moved to the Verso forum.

• 2 months later...

I have similar. Ive got several error codes in fact. It started after i had a service and MOT at a dealer. plugs 3 and 4 faulty. Had them replaced. after 10 miles engine light back on and same error. I also now have several others including cam shaft correlation, u0100 lost comms, u0151 lost comms and also p0603 stay alive memort failure. car runs but idles roughly and stop start does not work. i suspect i have an electrical issue.

On 2/13/2024 at 10:39 PM, Verso 2010 said:

When I get error code P0303, it is a misfire on cylinder 3. I have changed the coil and plug, and deleted the error code. After a few meters of driving, I get a warning on the display about check vsc system. Why does that warning keep coming up even though I've deleted it after I've changed to new coils and plugs? Seems like the car runs on 3 cylinders plus the engine shakes at speed when it is under load. Could it be the cam sensor that is defective or not working properly? Anyone with experience or advice? The car is a Verso 2010 1.6L. 😕

Result.

It was possibly fake spark plugs (SC20HR11) that I installed last summer (july 2023) after I find them in the trunk, (possibly from the previous owner). And in the second week of February this year (february 2024) , something happened while I was driving. The check engine light flashed (and two other lights), and the engine suddenly only ran on 3 cylinders on my 2010 Toyota Verso 1,6. Had to take the car to a workshop and the result was misfire on cylinder no. 3 (P0303). A valve had been damaged when parts of the plug had fallen into the cylinder. I had to change the engine, which was expensive for me (but cheaper than buying a new car). The workshop did a compression test and found that there was zero compression on cylinder no. 3. All the plugs were missing the Iridium tip, and the bent part on spark plug (cylinder nr. 3) that goes over the Iridium tip has fallen down and caused damage. According to plugs at the workshop, there are many differences between the original and the fake. The workshop has concluded that these plugs are fake.

I have seen many videos on Youtube about how to find out if it is original or fake plugs. 

I have now had a new (used) motor installed.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Shame about your engine, but thank you for the update.

Very useful information,if they were indeed fake plugs,a good lesson for us all. I read on here OEM or denso are best as long as genuine.

Happy to get further advice myself,as mine due for replacement soon.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links