Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Hybrid Battery Maintenance Message

///MAZI

Just had a Battery maintainance message for hybrid Battery cooling parts, what does this mean and is it covered under relax warranty??

20240221_203913.jpg

It probably means the cooling duct for the Battery is full of dust and needs a good clean; The intake is at the base of the rear seats on the left side

• Like 1

Is it safe to drive like this?

If I clean it will the message go away or will I need to reset it?

Replace or at least clean the Hybrid Battery filter, it will not be covered under warranty, it is a consumable item 

image.thumb.png.a9c813a6e70a86564db0e3664268cf76.png

• Like 1

The message as strangely disappeared. 

I'll take a look over the weekend, you woukd think they would replace this as part of the service regime or at leat clean it as part of hybrid health check.

Took off the cover and cleaned with a vacuum cleaner, easy DIY job.

It's more of a gauze than a replacable paper filter like the newer ones. Easy enough to clean it. 

Let's see if the message goes away...

20240227_144416.jpg

20240227_144410.jpg

• Like 3

Solved!

Cleaning the filter (it's just a mesh and not a paper filter like some newer models) seems to have fixed the problem.

No more warning. Please don't pay Toyota to do this simple job and it not ideal that they don't do this as part of the hybrid health check.

• Like 2

Thanks for confirming that's what it was! In newer models they do change the filter as part of servicing, but it seems like that's not a thing on the older ones, but as you say it's an easy thing to DIY and just roll into your regular maintenance checks (Along with checking fluid levels, tyre pressures etc.).

• Like 2

Its part of the Service, but not 'hybrid Battery check'.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/4/2024 at 1:39 PM, Toyota Nige said:

Its part of the Service, but not 'hybrid battery check'.

Mine was serviced by Toyota less than 1000 miles ago. Filter mesh was filthy

• Like 1

Toyota don't check this filter as part of their "service" I believe they've added it recently to the corolla service but not Auris. That's including the Hybrid health "check" . Even if it were included, I wouldn't trust them to actually do it so the owner really needs to DIY

• Like 1

That’s the paradox and inconvenience of service your car in a dealers network. 
They offer a list of checks that most of these can and should have been done by the driver itself on daily, weekly or monthly basis., measure brake pads in mm just to write something on this paper and do walk around videos to prove themselves worthy but they don’t clean or change filters that are so important and the same time so easy to do it.  

• Like 3

I bought Toyota clip on filter and stick a 2 cents pollen filter on it.  clean it out replace the filter yearly. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links