Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Window Tinting

supafly

I would have thought it would be easy to tint the rear windows on the 2 door. Just cut the film round the window on the outside and then stick it on the inside. Am i right?

:unsure:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• starletsr

• breezer

• Kenny

• Richard K

Top Posters In This Topic

oooooh very mistaken dude!! lol! i tried twice and failed twice!

the window is double curved, therefore you'l get big creases when you attempt it!! my mate got his cousin to do his 3dr almera, he was sayin oh al get him to do yours, but i didnt want him to!! it looks better professionally tinted as you have a guarantee that it will be of the highest quality, and has years of guarantee!

mmmm, I would suggest to go to a shop. They usually have like an industrial hair drier, which they use to warm up the film and get it ready for the install... in that way they avoid those creases :hokus-pokus:

i got told that they take the window out, put it on this bed thing, and a machine rolls it on straight away without any big creases!

and am guessin they then heat it so it sticks to window, and get rid of all the little creases.

its costin me £110 for whole back end!! it wud cost my mate £60 to get the rear window done! so im guessin approx £25-£30 a rear side window!

Do not do it yourself!! Looks terrible!! Pay the extra to get it done professionally!!! :yes:

:yes:

Yep doing it urself will be difficult to get it perfect. U will come up with nasty crease and big bubbles, but if you wanna try u can if you want...

The person that did mine was great, £40 per window and nice neat finish job :thumbsup:

and looks well nice if i must say so myself :D i tried it dude and it looked a mess so ripped it off! but if youre not one who doesnt mind big creases, then a DIY job is in order :huh:

well!!! mudflaps & strut brace aint here yet!! i got told yesterday that my tinted indicators had been cancelled as they dont have them in stock, AND they do not sell them anymore - FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!!!

I ordered some red sidelight bulbs yesterday, 6in1 LED bulb, so thatl be used at my local car park.

Im waiting til tomoro to book tint, to make sure i actually have the money, coz i SHOULD be paid, but not 100% certain, but if i do il be down to tint place to book appointment asap! :D

How about yourself :)

ps. i cleaned half the engine bay yesterday,lol! and the actual engine, but got bored!!

Hmm sounds like a bit of waiting for you then, me? no mods, ran out of ideas in what to do, plus short of money lol.

Cleaning the engine bay hey? u never wanna look under my bonnet, totally nasty and dirty.. what do u use to clean it?

good ole soap and water :D

ripped bits of sponge, one of those pads you use on frying pans to get stubborn marks off car, and a toothbrush to get into tight places!!

Its funny coz one half of engine is clean, and the other isnt :rolleyes:

maybe you should buy some performance mods, start off with a strut brace if you havent already got one!

I thought u would be using metal polish on ur engine bay? U havent seen my engine bay, its rusting lol, try getting that off... its all manky.

Strut brace? but i already had it lowered, plus...... where can u get a strut brace from?

rusty engine bay!! you can sort that out!! sometimes when you buy brake caliper paint you get some spray that you spray on rusty bits to get it off, you can also get similar stuff for manifold etc under your bonnet which strips it back to near shiny metal again :D - but no idea what its called or where to get it, post a topic in general!

uv had it lowered, nice, a strut brace will top it off :)

and urm, il try and find a strut brace

Hmm engine bay is really hard to do, i think i'll leave it to someone else to do it for me lol

Yeah i told u i had it lowered 40mm, still aint low enough at the back though... But if i go any lower my car will scrap the floor lol.

lol!!

couldnt find any strut braces! try emailing the dudes at... www.strutbracer.co.uk although it doesnt have toyota section, they sell yaris ones so might sell starlet ones :)

better handling!! prevents car from sliding/sticks to road better! when going round corner fast, the front end doesnt tilt but stays level!

:D

better handling!! prevents car from sliding/sticks to road better! when going round corner fast, the front end doesnt tilt but stays level!

:D

Sounds good, out hunting for one later... :thumbsup:

I have mixed feeling about tints, some days I think they look great; other days I think they look tat.

In the ideal world I would like to have darker glass as supposed to having a film over the window.

How about a Reactolite toughened glass? The best of both worlds?!!

I have mixed feeling about tints, some days I think they look great; other days I think they look tat.

In the ideal world I would like to have darker glass as supposed to having a film over the window.

How about a Reactolite toughened glass? The best of both worlds?!!

:blink:

Depends on the person really, if u like erm u like erm, if u dont u dont.

Hehehe.

well no chance anyones gona put me off gettin tint!! i need it! although the fact that it looks cool, on a blazing hot day, theres less sun/heat coming into the car and therefore less for the leather seat covers to absorb!! :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links