Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Window Tinting

supafly

well no chance anyones gona put me off gettin tint!! i need it! although the fact that it looks cool, on a blazing hot day, theres less sun/heat coming into the car and therefore less for the leather seat covers to absorb!! :rolleyes:

Leather seats?? burn ur a$$

But at least there isnt much sun around this week, so its safe... :lol:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• starletsr

• breezer

• Kenny

• Richard K

Top Posters In This Topic

Whiteline makes a strut brace for the EP9x Starlets partnumber KSB573 for the front one.

Tanabe also makes one.

Cheers, Yves.

i used to be a window tinter for a big company blowing my own trumpet her i was good but i wouldnt do my own car speciall rear windows (space is no existant) without proper tolls and decent tinit if ure doin it ureself buy 3m window film its more forgiven i.e u get what u pay for the stuff u get from Halfords is poo

ed

Whiteline makes a strut brace for the EP9x Starlets partnumber KSB573 for the front one.

Tanabe also makes one.

Cheers, Yves.

Cheers for that, will be doing a little research on it :bookworm:

Hi

I've had tint's on my corolla,

but I only did the sides and then put a second fade sunstrip on the rear window (people think its a deliberate marble effect :rolleyes: or are they just being nice :yes: ).

It stops any reversing/parking visibilty problems,

Lets light in, up to the rear headrest, AND The police don't notice your car so quickly when approaching you from the front or the back.

I'm sure some of you have spotted a chav a mile off because you can't see through the car (front to back) in broad daylight. and that's a perfect excuse for the police to 'do some checks sir'

I had tinted security film which is slightly thicker, so if someone breaks my car window AGAIN :ffs: I won't find glass everywhere weeks/months later.

If you can afford it get it done professionally first time.

£60 is good if you've seen other examples of his work, but £60 is a lot to loose if it's blind faith. no disrespect to your mate.

R.

Birmingham

p.s. I saved £25 (minus £5 sunstrip) not having the rear window done if that's an incentive.

I have mixed feeling about tints, some days I think they look great; other days I think they look tat.

In the ideal world I would like to have darker glass as supposed to having a film over the window.

How about a Reactolite toughened glass? The best of both worlds?!!

If u get the best window tinting company in britain 2 do it u wouldn't know! Imo Pentagon are the leading window tinters in the GB and wen I save up the cash I will definately goin there 2 get mine done! Should be around £150 4 the rear 3 windows!

And with the window tinting u get that peace of mind that the window doesn't smash and someone can reach in and steal something! They also do supaglass which is a clear tint and stops the window being smashed!

who by!! i guess thats where rob got his done?

although im only after 3 windows, and im goin to local tinter B)

to V-O-R

"How about a Reactolite toughened glass? The best of both worlds?!!"

I had a discussion about this with a mate at work, and he gave me a what if situation. You're at a junction or roundabout at night, and other cars headlights shine on your side windows, which could set them off.

So I said wind the window down :lol:

anyway I'll :!Removed!: now

but I only did the sides and then put a second fade sunstrip on the rear window (people think its a deliberate marble effect :rolleyes: or are they just being nice :yes: ).

It stops any reversing/parking visibilty problems,

Lets light in, up to the rear headrest, AND The police don't notice your car so quickly when approaching you from the front or the back.

got any pics of what u done, cant seem to picture it in my head... :unsure:

Are there new laws that you can't even tint the front driver and passengers windows?? Before you can tint a certain percent but now its not even allowed i heard....

just the front is what i heard Back three as much as you like.....

But i wouldnt bother as thatll probably come down as well

Are there new laws that you can't even tint the front driver and passengers windows?? Before you can tint a certain percent but now its not even allowed i heard....

:yes: true

u have to let at least 75% light into ur car, so there really isnt much point tinting the fronts no more... i was letting only 17% through on mine :eek:

they said they dont care how dark u do the back 3 :yes: i might go darker.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links