Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speed Limit Change warning

Stuart P

12 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Pointless exercise. It's the legislation that becomes effective this year. Full stop.

Some manufacturers have made it easy to turn off the system with just one or two button presses you can do without looking. 

if Toyota could update the software to do that, it would be much better until the technology improves. 

• Like 3

On 4/13/2024 at 8:38 PM, Roy124 said:

There's a clue there, can't quite put my finger on it.

Wait a minute, something will occur to me.

I have just remembered.  Drive at a speed that the limit sign is black numbers on a white ground with a red circle.   I don't know why but when it only beeps when the numbers are white on a red ground.

Anyone know why?

The car is supposed to have both visual and audio warnings - if you are above what it thinks the limit is you get the icon in red. If below what it thinks the limit is, then the icon is normal.

Problem is that the speedometer isn't accurate and it also doesn't have the correct speed limit.

I have mine set to allow 5mph 'over limit' before it turns red, but that only allows for the speedometer inaccuracy at 70mph. Not the fact it thinks UK motorways are 20mph roads sometimes...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sportse said:

I have mine set to allow 5mph 'over limit' before it turns red, but that only allows for the speedometer inaccuracy at 70mph. 

Does that stop the Red until you are going limit +6?

If it does then jobs done. 

3 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Does that stop the Red until you are going limit +6?

If it does then jobs done. 

Stops the red until limit plus exactly 5, goes white again when you drop to 4mph 'over'

At 70mph, 74/75mph on the speedometer is actually 69/70mph in reality with my car and 16 inch wheels.

however I believe on the latest 24 models everything resets when you turn the car off. 

on my 23 I currently have 5mph ‘over’ and audio alerts switched off, it keeps this setting permanently. 

• Like 2

Has anyone located the speaker location that emits the bong?

I believe in many cars the sounds come through the audio Speakers now - for example indicators aren't relays they are a sound like it instead.

• 1 month later...

recently purchased a corolla gtr and first impressions are good. one annoying feature is the speed warning beeping. can it be deactivated ?

the other slight irritation is the park hold button needs switching every time the car is started, can this this be set as 'on' permanently ?

thanks

From 24 my all cars have to have the safety systems default to on with ignition  cycle sadly. Brake hold requires  turn on each ignition  cycle. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MaltaMick said:

recently purchased a corolla gtr and first impressions are good. one annoying feature is the speed warning beeping. can it be deactivated ?

the other slight irritation is the park hold button needs switching every time the car is started, can this this be set as 'on' permanently ?

thanks

speed warning can be deactivated but will be back on next time car is started. There is a long thread about this if you search.

• Like 1

Friday I had an issue where my car did not recognise the change 50 to 40. I reported this on Fix my Street as authorities should ensure their road signs enable compliance with the EU Mandated system.   This is the reply I got:

"Can you log this for an inspector to take a look at and take any appropriate action please

Regards

Highways Traffic Safety Team
North Lincolnshire Council
Communities"

On 4/13/2024 at 8:31 PM, GazzaMant said:

So, I cannot turn off the audible speed limit exceeding warning on my new 2024 Toyota Corolla ........ great! ..... I can get used to it I suppose but it is annoying and also especially when you have a wife in the car with you also moaning about the warning every time it goes off ....... double annoyance !!!

snap

• Like 1

Yesterday,  on the A43 the car did not see the 40 - 70 change and even ignored a NSL repeater a couple of miles later.  There were two instances close together over about 6 miles. In the 2024 cars that would he impossible. 

What I should do is go through my Dashcam footage and raise reports everytime.