Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MyToyota App - Verify Your Mobile Number

coreye9090

Hello all,

I'm not sure if anyone encounter this issue, but...

In the MyToyota app ->Personal details->Phone number. Indicates that my phone number is unverified.
My issue is when I try to verify it, it supposed to send me a text (SMS) with a verification code. However, I never actually receive a thing! Tried this numerous times to no avail, there's an option for "Didn't receive a code? Resend" option, but yet again, does not seem to be working.

How the heck am I supposed to verify my number? 😅😂

• Like 1

Hi Kori,It seems you are not the only one who have encountered this problem not receiving the verification code SMS message.Users report trying to resend the code multiple times without success. 

You may be better off phoning Toyota support,:smile:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi , it’s the same for me too, it verifies my email address but not my mobile number. I’ve tried verifying it 10 times already, I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app, still it don’t work, I’ve checked to see if the app works and still nothing. I have now informed Toyota so I hope they can sort it out. Thanks 

22 minutes ago, Jussuk said:

Hi , it’s the same for me too, it verifies my email address but not my mobile number. I’ve tried verifying it 10 times already, I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app, still it don’t work, I’ve checked to see if the app works and still nothing. I have now informed Toyota so I hope they can sort it out. Thanks 

I also got in contact with them, however the issue still persists. They suggested to delete my account and start from scratch.  So I just did that, but... still doesn't work.
By doing this I even lost my order tracking! Asked my dealer if they are able to reinstate it, but no luck so far....😅

My mobile number is unverified. This is having no impact on my use of the app. 

This reminded me I had changed my number. Just updated,  jumped through hoops, changed password,  and I all worked. 

I receive the verification code every time. I enter it into the app and then get "internal server error". This happens time and time again. Try the code age and "invalid code" appears.

Also, tried to read the QR code on the infotainment blue screen to verify my account with the car but my iPhone, which reads every other QR code I have ever used it for, does not like the one on the blue screen (which asks me to agree terms and conditions every time I press the power button). Irritating - you bet!

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/30/2024 at 3:40 PM, coreye9090 said:

I also got in contact with them, however the issue still persists. They suggested to delete my account and start from scratch.  So I just did that, but... still doesn't work.
By doing this I even lost my order tracking! Asked my dealer if they are able to reinstate it, but no luck so far....😅

Hi, I spoke to the app team, even they couldn’t find out the problem, as all my details are correct but still not my mobile number verified . They said they ring me the next day to see what’s going on. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links