Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Viewing tomorrow (Maybe)

152bobby

Possibly going to see a 2022 Toyota Yaris Cross Premier Edition AWD tomorrow (I'm going to sleep on it tonight).

Dealers are famous for cutting and pasting car details.

This one lists Adventure Pack and Tech Pack, if I do go, I need ammunition to fight for a better deal.  Can someone tell me what these two packs consist of ?

According to the photos, this one doesn't even have the rubber mats and the boot liner with the rubber rear protection on the rear of the seats (at the back, not on the seats).

• Like 3

Hi Bobby,The Adventure Pack for the Toyota Yaris Cross typically includes roof rails, mud flaps, and a boot liner. Meanwhile, the Tech Pack usually consists of parking sensors, smartphone connectivity, and possibly an upgraded audio system or navigation. If any of these features are missing from the car you're considering, you can negotiate with the dealer for a better deal or request that they include the accessories. It's important to clarify what's included in these packs before finalising the purchase to ensure you're getting the desired features.Hope this helps.:smile:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bper said:

Hi Bobby,The Adventure Pack for the Toyota Yaris Cross typically includes roof rails, mud flaps, and a boot liner. Meanwhile, the Tech Pack usually consists of parking sensors, smartphone connectivity, and possibly an upgraded audio system or navigation. If any of these features are missing from the car you're considering, you can negotiate with the dealer for a better deal or request that they include the accessories. It's important to clarify what's included in these packs before finalising the purchase to ensure you're getting the desired features.Hope this helps.:smile:

Thanks, looks like it has the Tech Pack, but not the Adventure Pack.  To be honest, if I view a car and the have to haggle over mats, I'll just walk away anyway. 

🍻 

• Like 5

I'm open to correction here, but the 2022 Tech pack should include JBL sound system, BSM, and HUD. This is what we have on our 2022 Yaris

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Big_D said:

I'm open to correction here, but the 2022 Tech pack should include JBL sound system, BSM, and HUD. This is what we have on our 2022 Yaris

Hi Bob,no your not wrong, the Premiere Edition boasts a premium JBL sound system for an enhanced audio experience.

Blind Spot Monitor,This safety feature is included in the Premiere Edition, helping you detect vehicles in your blind spot.

Head Up Display (HUD), the Premiere Edition offers a Head Up Display that projects essential driving information onto the windscreen.

These features are on top of what the standard Yaris Cross might offer, giving the Premiere Edition a more feature rich option apparently.:smile:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

dealers will not haggle over price, of the car but will negotiate on the px it's just the way they work these days, net cost of accessories is fairly low for them

• Like 2

20 hours ago, 152bobby said:

Thanks, looks like it has the Tech Pack, but not the Adventure Pack.  To be honest, if I view a car and the have to haggle over mats, I'll just walk away anyway. 

🍻

Going shopping for a car with you sounds like a really joyous occasion. 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, flash22 said:

dealers will not haggle over price, of the car but will negotiate on the px it's just the way they work these days, net cost of accessories is fairly low for them

Eh? Dealers will always haggle. I have never, ever paid list. I expect a good % off then start asking for extras: mats, ceramic coat, fuel, free services thrown in and always succeed.
As long as you are polite, have done your research (get prices from Carwow/ auto trader/ what car etc and also use forums to see what others are getting as extras or % off) you should always pay well under.

if you are fortunate enough to pay cash then getting the pcp deposit allowance and then paying the pcp off within 30 days is always a nice easy win! 

“Shy bairns get nowt” as they say from my neck of the woods😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I don't buy new - I did say that they don't haggle on their price but will on the PX, not they will not negotiate at all

New on finance/pcp/other is another matter, they know their margin and what they can make

I prefer to buy out right, that is my preference

• Like 3

I haggled and got a good deal on mine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, flash22 said:

I don't buy new - I did say that they don't haggle on their price but will on the PX, not they will not negotiate at all

New on finance/pcp/other is another matter, they know their margin and what they can make

I prefer to buy out right, that is my preference

I also always pay and driveaway.  Never been interested in debt of any kind (apart from my mortgage 😭).

• Like 4

12 hours ago, 152bobby said:

I also always pay and driveaway.  Never been interested in debt of any kind (apart from my mortgage 😭).

I do if the terms mean I’ll make more by doing it.  Toyota Corp has got a bigger bank balance than me so if they’ll pay the finance while my money makes a few bob in the bank, I’ll let them.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Did someone on here say that there was a higher BHP Yaris Cross instead of the usual 114 BHP ?

All of the Yaris Cross's on Autotrader state 114 BHP.  I just cannot find anything above the 114 BHP.

I'm not referring to the NEW 2024 Yaris Cross.

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, 152bobby said:

@Big_D

I always pay the asking price because I find haggling rather distasteful and I also make sure I give the ladies who make me a cup of coffee, the delivery driver and the salesman a good tip.

Makes the whole thing much more agreeable, I brighten a few peoples lives and within a couple of months I cant remember how much I paid anyway. 

Jobs a good un 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, 152bobby said:

Did someone on here say that there was a higher BHP Yaris Cross instead of the usual 114 BHP ?

All of the Yaris Cross's on Autotrader state 114 BHP.  I just cannot find anything above the 114 BHP.

I'm not referring to the NEW 2024 Yaris Cross.

130 hp is only available on the new 2024 cross premiere, not before. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just to add that if the 114bhp version is not powerful enough the 130bho version will not be so much different. Better look for another car with differential drive train, petrol turbo dsg for example. 

• Like 2

On 4/23/2024 at 10:21 AM, Chas G said:

@Big_D

I always pay the asking price because I find haggling rather distasteful and I also make sure I give the ladies who make me a cup of coffee, the delivery driver and the salesman a good tip.

Makes the whole thing much more agreeable, I brighten a few peoples lives and within a couple of months I cant remember how much I paid anyway. 

Jobs a good un 

Money to burn huh...I negotiate the price of the car (tastefully) ,press the buttons on their coffee machine myself, pick up car myself ,would never ever tip a salesman., could tell you the price of every car, I've ever owned!   This brightens up my life no end  !  

Jobs a good un !

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

To be fair if you're buying new you have money to burn by definition! Buying a car new is not something a budget-conscious person would do - You loose so much money just driving it away!

Even just waiting a few years will slash the price of it from new; You can get an early Mk4 for half the cost of a new one and they're barely 3 years old! :eek: 

That is what I was planning on doing if it hadn't been for KHAAAAN! (Well, that's not strictly true either as I was planning on running my Mk1 D4D into the ground waiting for my mythical 300+mile Yaris EV, but the Mk4 was the backup plan!), although finding one with a HUD would likely have been a bit tricky as it doesn't seem there are many aside from the Launch Editions, but those don't come with the bucket-load of sensors mine does (Which I'm hoping will help mine retain its value a bit more!!)

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Cyker said:

To be fair if you're buying new you have money to burn by definition! Buying a car new is not something a budget-conscious person would do - You loose so much money just driving it away!

The "money to burn" quip was aimed at the chap leaving his wallet at the dealers front desk....paying the asking price ,and tipping everyone...bar the poor window cleaner. 🙂 

I have friends who save up , just to buy a new car...we all like a new car, surely? They certainly don't, have money to burn, pay the asking price or tip people who take the money from them ! 🙂  To me, the budget conscious person can get a huge discount off the price of a new car, and perhaps use PCP...if it's favourable. The only way to save money in the long term , is to keep the car a very long time...but who wants to drive about in an old wreck. So I certainly don't agree with your definition...nothing like the smell and feeling of reliability that comes with a new car...with a fully charged 12v Battery🙂

I

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Cyker said:

You loose so much money just driving it away!

Unless the actual inflation keeps the price of the used car on the same level as it was sold for originally 😉  I just checked and if I'd like to buy the car in the same config as mine, I'd have to pay more or less the same amount now, for a year old car. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Bob66 said:

who wants to drive about in an old wreck

Do you think age alone defines a wreck,or condition?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just checked 2020 Yaris Premiere with 1.5 petrol and manual transmission. Sold in 2020 for 75900 PLN. I can buy it back, 4 year old, used and with 24k km mileage for 79000 PLN. So yeah the "you loose money by driving out of the dealership" is no longer valid.

Of course it has lost it's value over time, just the price went up. But if you have that money already and in need of a car then just buy the new one, especially Toyota is a good choice as it keeps it's value more than other brands.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Do you think age alone defines a wreck,or condition?

Quite obviously not....just one of the factors that would affect reliability...with age and mileage things wear out and need replacing ?  There is more chance that an older car would break down , compared to a newer model ?

• Like 1

Surely it depends on how much someone is willing to flush down the pan in regards to buying new.  Buying new for me was a real No No, however when the new Aygo X came out I bought new.  If I sold it now PRIVATELY, my loss would be about £3k and I factored this into my decision.  I had (have) no intentions of holding onto it for a long time.

If you keep it for a long time and can afford it, buying new is a great feeling.  If you don't plan to keep it long and you don't realise how much money is down the pan, then you didn't do your research properly !!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, 152bobby said:

Surely it depends on how much someone is willing to flush down the pan in regards to buying new.  Buying new for me was a real No No, however when the new Aygo X came out I bought new.  If I sold it now PRIVATELY, my loss would be about £3k and I factored this into my decision.  I had (have) no intentions of holding onto it for a long time.

If you keep it for a long time and can afford it, buying new is a great feeling.  If you don't plan to keep it long and you don't realise how much money is down the pan, then you didn't do your research properly !!

I agree depreciation is a fact, as the car isn't new any more, and you don't know its history...but I love a new car. 🙂

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links