Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hello from Yorkshire

Mickyh7

I say Yorkshire, but I'm a Geordie!

Fed up paying  Audi and Merc prices, so I've bought a Yarris.

Very slow, very small and very basic but so cheap to run! ( wife loves it).

Retired last year, so here we are!

Just debadged it today, to clean the rear up a bit.

Love forums, as I do most work myself, never used a dealer in my life, and only a few garages. 

ATB Mick

• Like 3

Hello Mick, and welcome to the club.

Good choice on the Yaris I'd say,is it hybrid or 1 litre engine? Interested to know as you say it's very slow.

Also I like to hear experience of other cars too, did your previous Audis and Mercs require a lot of repairs,or trouble free?

• Like 1

Welcome Mick!

Like you I love forums! You get and can give plenty advise from fellow auto enthusiasts. I think you'll find plenty helpful folks in the forums here. 🙂

As to your purchase, as long as you are happy with it - and more importantly ...actually MOST importantly if "er indoors" is chuffed with it, you're good to go! 😂

• Like 1

It's just the 1.33 Petrol model.

• Like 1

Yeah the 1.33 is surprisingly gutless for something that's supposed to have 100HP. It's very japanese, i.e. all the power is at the top end, so it does need some revving to make it move! But it's a very smooth engine and revs nicely when asked to, although if the goal is frugality maybe don't do that... :laugh: 

If you find it too slow, try and get a Mk4 hybrid at some point in the future (Or the AWD GR one if you're good at unicorn hunting...! ). They're really good :naughty:  :laugh: 

• Like 1

Welcome to TOC Mick.

welcome, Mick

Hello Mick,   welcome to the club.   I joined only a few days ago, and am finding the content very interesting.   I have owned a Toyota Vitz (Yaris) 1ltr 2001 model, with auto transmission.   Never had any slightest trouble since I bought it 20 years ago.  Very reliable and economical.      I do all the servicing myself, and never been to any mechanic.  I am also retired, 79 yrs old, and I intend to fit Reverse Parking Sensors.      This particular model has a 'BEEP-BEEP' buzzer inside the dash, which is quite loud.     I wish to 'Switch-Off' or 'Disconnect' the buzzer when the 'R' reverse is engaged.    Only when in reverse I want to switch it off, as it would probably cause a cacophany of beeps together with the 'parking sensors' beeps, and that would be distracting for me.   

I wonder if anyone out there has any suggestion or ever experienced such a situation before I purchase the parking sensors.  

Kind regards to all in the Toyota Club.

John

Hi Mick,

Welcome to our forum.

You will enjoy the Hybrid Yaris, I had the 2016 one, and it was very cheap in fuel...I think about 84 mile per gallon.....

Reliable cars are the Toyotas !!!

Hi Mick, welcome lots of good advice when you need it and always welcome when you give it.:smile:

Hello Mick - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links