Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My New Toy😄

152bobby

Well, I spotted the Toyota Yaris Cross Premiere Edition that has all the bits I wanted, so drove from Wokingham to Pontypridd early this morning and bought it and drove it home 😄  So it was farewell to my Aygo X Exclusive.

Credit to the previous owner, it's pristine and looks like it's never been used and it even has the stickers still on the shocks etc 👍

So I will be reading the owners manual to get to know it, but one thing's popped up early which I noticed on the way home.  All the windows do full auto down and up, but not the drivers, not sure if that's a setting or a fault !!.

I'm sure more questions will follow through time 😄

PXL_20240502_131855569~2.jpg

• Like 17

Looks great, enjoy your new car 🚙 

• Like 1

Nice wheels!

That looks very nice. Is it pearlescent white?

• Like 1

auto windows can all be set with techstream, not sure if the old method works still - wind the window down all the way, hold the switch for 10 sec's - all the way up, and hold the switch up for 10 seconds

tswindowp210.thumb.jpg.b7a6c1c66ab446686938f3f57696b6ad.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

auto windows can all be set with techstream, not sure if the old method works still - wind the window down all the way, hold the switch for 10 sec's - all the way up, and hold the switch up for 10 seconds

Perfect, the old way worked, I can score that off my list 👍

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Chas G said:

That looks very nice. Is it pearlescent white?

It doesn't look like the Solid White, so must be pearlescent white.. white was on my shortlist, so either would have been fine.

• Like 3

Been to ponty .Should have said could poped in for a cupa   

• Like 4

On 5/3/2024 at 2:07 AM, dads Taxi x3 said:

Been to ponty .Should have said could poped in for a cupa   

The sales rep had a proper Welsh accent and I must admit sometimes I couldn't understand him and on top of that, I'm from Glasgow, so we had a laugh about both of us saying pardon a few times and trying to speak "clearer"😂🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

• Haha 4

It states in the owners manual that I should be able to open and close all windows using the remote by long pressing the Unlock (open windows) Lock (close windows) buttons.

Mine doesn't work, is this a dealer option to activate ?

• Like 1

Yes it's a dealer option to activate windows on remote or app like carista. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 152bobby said:

It states in the owners manual that I should be able to open and close all windows using the remote by long pressing the Unlock (open windows) Lock (close windows) buttons.

Mine doesn't work, is this a dealer option to activate ?

see the above techstream screenshot

P/W up W/ transmit function

P/W down W/ transmit function

default from the factory is disabled

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, flash22 said:

see the above techstream screenshot

P/W up W/ transmit function

P/W down W/ transmit function

default from the factory is disabled

Sorry, I didn't spot that.  Next time it goes for a service I'll get them to enable it 👍, no doubt there will be a charge !

• Like 1

Unless they are exceptionally tight they will do it free during service if you request it as part of it - Even my Jemca dealer did, and if they did everyone probably would! :laugh: 

It's pretty much a 5 second job on Techstream to do it if they know where the setting is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 152bobby said:

Sorry, I didn't spot that.  Next time it goes for a service I'll get them to enable it 👍, no doubt there will be a charge !

It's free. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Cyker said:

they will do it free during service if you request it as part of it

My dealer sorted mine out for for free at the last service.

• Like 1

I thought I'd share this in case if it's of any use to people in certain circumstances.

I had a Aygo X until I swapped to the Yaris Cross.

The remote lock unlock was a handy option on the Aygo X (it only had Immobiliser and no alarm), but it's not available on the Yaris Cross because it has an alarm (see photo of message I got on my phone when I tried it).

But, there is a however.  I locked my car the following way.  I got out of the car and did not use the remote or the touching handle option.  I locked the car by pressing the door lock button on the driver's door whilst holding the door handle out and closed the door.  So the car was locked, but not sure if the alarm set or not.  I then used the MyT app to remotely unlock the door and it worked. So when I went to the car and unlocked it with either the remote or by touching the door handle and got in the car and proceeded to start the car by pushing the push start button, a message showed on the dash to hold my key fob over the push start button and whilst pressing the brake pedal and the car started.

So there is a work around, not sure if I'll use it, but just thought I'd share it.

Screenshot_20240504-060749.png

• Thanks 1

I think if you lock the car with the physical key instead of the remote fob it also shouldn't arm the alarm

12 minutes ago, Cyker said:

I think if you lock the car with the physical key instead of the remote fob it also shouldn't arm the alarm

I'll try that 👍

• Like 1

I use the physical key when I leave the car on my drive in ready mode the alarm doesn’t activate.

• Like 3

I need to read up on the "Ready Mode" mentioned a lot on the forum, but haven't a clue about it 🥺

"Ready Mode" is just hybrid/EV-speak for "On"

i.e. brake pedal+start button

• Like 3

On 5/2/2024 at 3:35 PM, flash22 said:

Where can I find this information, I'd like to see if there are more options that I may prefer to have turned on before I pop into the dealer. ?  I expect they do this by plugging their software into the cars OBD port ?

Thanks

I had said facility of unlocking my Lexus  including opening windows & sunroof but never used it. Summers here were never hot & Forests in the Sloth of France were full of Vine Bees.

Tel

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tel 2 said:

I had said facility of unlocking my Lexus  including opening windows & sunroof but never used it. Summers here were never hot & Forests in the Sloth of France were full of Vine Bees.

Tel

I used "all windows open" function on my Lexus RX300 in summer a lot.  As I approached my car I would open all windows to let the heat escape. I hate that feeling you get when getting into a car on a bright sunny day.  A bit like getting into an oven 😂

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links