Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Premiere Edition questions

MarkBUK

Hi,

I'm considering upgrading from a 22MY Yaris Excel with Tech Pack to the above and would appreciate answers to a few questions:

1) If I use Google Maps via wireless Android Auto, will turn-by-turn navigation icons appear in either (i) the head-up display or (ii) the instrument cluster

2) Is it definitely quieter? If so, by how much?

3) Does the more powerful electric motor mean the car can spend more time under electric power, for example up hills, accelerating or at motorway speeds? If so, have you found it in practice more economical?

19 minutes ago, MarkBUK said:

1) If I use Google Maps via wireless Android Auto, will turn-by-turn navigation icons appear in either (i) the head-up display or (ii) the instrument cluster

No. Unfortunately, you only get turn-by-turn in the HUD and/or instrument cluster from the built-in NAV and not the AA or AC.

2) Is it definitely quieter? If so, by how much?

Appreciably so in my very subjective opinion.

3) Does the more powerful electric motor mean the car can spend more time under electric power, for example up hills, accelerating or at motorway speeds? If so, have you found it in practice more economical?

That's a difficult one to answer as I have only just covered 500 miles in mine but in answer to the first part of your question, it does seem so. In answer to the second, I am already above the total average that I managed with my previous Launch Edition (55.9mpg after 63 fill ups) in just 3 tanks so far (see sig) so I would answer a yes to that...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I'd agree with 2&3. my OH went from same as you to premiere last month. All round nicer car and new dash is preferred.

On 1, yes no AA in hud but we certainly like the built in nav of the connected models. Opinions vary and some prefer AA but don't turn down a very nice upgrade for lack of AA in HUD

• Like 4

Actually, having just used the built-in NAV for the first time in anger (as a try out) I am sort of changing my mind a bit towards it. If you zoom the map right in (and yes, it remembers between power cycles) and change the compass to direction of travel instead of constant North, it works quite well; albeit without displaying buildings or terrain, and, the turns in the HUD work well too! :clapping:

• Like 3

How well does it handle traffic information in the UK? For me it was useless because that data was very inaccurate and in my area taking the wrong turn might cause you 30 minutes delay 😞 in this case Android Auto running Google maps is undefeated duo

2) I did not have the previous model, only the MY24, but I find the Yaris quiet for a car of this class. Even at highway speeds and under acceleration it is on the same level as cars from classes above.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My Lexus has the same software to my knowledge.  It will display turn by turn in the dash and the HUD and they are animated.  

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links