Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Different Front Seats

Toby

DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU LOT BUT I AM SICK OF THE INTERIOR IN MY SR, DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET SOME GT OR GLANZA SEATS, TRIED EVERYWHERE, AND IF TO NO AVAIL, IS IT HARD TO FIT SOME CORBEAU GTS RECLINERS IN MY CAR, WILL I NEED TO GET A UNIVERSAL SUBFRAME?? THESE ARE THE ONLY SEATS I CAN FIND THAT LOOK NORMAL WITHOUT BEING REDICULOUS, I.E MAX POWER CRAZY BUCKET SEATS. THEY ARE PLAIN BLACK AND LOOK NEAT AND TIDY. ANYONE GIVE ME SOME ADVISE ON HOW TO FIT OR AN ALTERNATIVE THATS CHEAPER THAN 500 FOR THE LOT?? CHEERS TOBY

Wot seats do u have Hou? I have Corbea Feroza and they are real comfy! How did ya fit yours? I mad my own subframes using runners from corbeau n the original seat brackets n some 1x1 box section!

corrola gti-16v seats which fit well if your handy with a hammer, have some 8mm thick angle iron and a hacksaw, pain to do but are good seats! :thumbsup:

Hou,where did you find your seats and what corolla are they from? Are they plain black?? Susp going on tomorrow so will post some pics ofmy kybs on the gtturbo site as it is free, can't wait to have my coilys on!! cheers tobs

Found these seats on the web, does anyone know if these seats would fit, im incapable, here are the dimensions:

Front of seat base to rear of seat base 55cm

Width of seat base at widest point (top of bolster) 50cm

Width of backrest at widest point (shoulder height) 54cm

Maximum height in normal driving position 90cm

Weight each 18kg

regards tobs

18kg is SERIOUSLY heavy for a seat!

they should fit, but unless you know how to migweld then its angle section time!

I think Hou is trying to say "u can get the same seats as mine BUT good luck in putting them in"

Seeing that he did say it was an ar2e to put them in...but he managed to do it... :lol::lol:

i could talk ya through how to fit mine but they are a pain!very comfy tho, ask firthy!

You are not wrong, i didnt want to get out of it, the seats hug you and you can adjust the lumber support and make it tighter or slacker depending on taste, man they are ace :thumbsup:

Hou, if you can weld (ME!) could i make my own runners easily or just modify the starlet ones?

have a nice day

sanj

I've got a pair of Sera seats you can have if you come and get them. They're grubby and could do with either valeting or recovering, but they will probably go straight in.

A.

Hou how did u get ur seats to fit??? i ve a set lyin in the garage that i havent got around to fittin yet cause i aint had time. could u post up a step by step plz

much appriciated

gerard

they the same seats as mine??

1. cut off locating pins on front, also cut off the lip on the front of the bracket

2. hammer the two front brackets to the correct angle and they need to move in my 1 inch

3.shape the rear brackets nearest the doors to fit

4. get some seriously thick and strong 90 degrees angle iron

5. drill holes in the correct place as the seats brackets all face down, where as starlet ones have one going into the centre

6.hammer everything to sit correctly

7.round off bolts by accident then bolt them in securely, bleeding and annoyed

8. sit and relax in your new seats that you fitted in the dark and rain!!!

Does anyone know if i could fit Corbeau Reclining Seats - GTS into my starlet using universal subframes, would a good mechanic be able to do this? cheers toby

hate to say this,,,,,but

Subaru Imprezza seats are easily the best seats fitted to any car !. They are so comfy !

Rich

luky for me we got aobut 10 imprezas breaking here n iv managed to nick the front 2 bucket seats. cant say fittin is gna be much of a problem either using some standard starlet seat bases and gettin me old man who is quite '**** hot' with his welder to weld em on lol, and den going for a cream re trim on all the interior cos tbh the starlet sr or shud i say any starlet interior looks quite crap n wont go to well with a black car cos it'll stand out a lot.

luky for me we got aobut 10 imprezas breaking here n iv managed to nick the front 2 bucket seats. cant say fittin is gna be much of a problem either using some standard starlet seat bases and gettin me old man who is quite '**** hot' with his welder to weld em on lol, and den going for a cream re trim on all the interior cos tbh the starlet sr or shud i say any starlet interior looks quite crap n wont go to well with a black car cos it'll stand out a lot.

Sounds mint :thumbsup:

Yeah the starlet interior range is absolutely garbage, how much you pay for your seats??

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links