Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Remote Key

bfckarlos

Be to main dealer today and quoted £180 for a new remote key for my 99 Avensis.

Apparently he didn't think he was taking the *%ss when I thought he was.

£120 + vat for the key

£40 + vat for setting it to the car.

Does anyone know where I could get it cheaper, in the UK?

they know the codes , is why my :thumbsup: alarm was ripped out

I have come across lots of dealers claiming to be able to supply the key on the net. You may want to do a bit of a search. One that I have linked to in the past is: http://www.alarmremotes.co.uk but I really don't know much about them. That dealer price just seems too high.

As for the setting the key, I had seen some info on doing this on this site. Do a search for info.

jason

I have come across lots of dealers claiming to be able to supply the key on the net. You may want to do a bit of a search. One that I have linked to in the past is: http://www.alarmremotes.co.uk but I really don't know much about them. That dealer price just seems too high.

As for the setting the key, I had seen some info on doing this on this site. Do a search for info.

jason

Thanks alot, will give it a go.

I had to get a new key for mine from the Toyota dealers and ended up paying £150.24. :ffs: Fortunately, the dealer I bought the car from agreed to go half way on the cost.

I've tried a few online key makers, but don't seem to be able to get hold of Avensis key so it seems I may have to get it from the dealer. :angry: But I think I will try to set it myself. But I just can't find the thread on the forums telling how to do it. can anyone help point where it is?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

i was quoted £160 inc fitting and VAT for a replacement key from Lister Toyota in Coventry, but i ended up paying NOTHING...because the salesmen who delt with me wrote paid in full on the paper/reciept!!...i could not BELIEVE it when i saw it!!! :lol::thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links