Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Agressive Yaris Owners?

Nizan

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crisis

• Nizan

• s0cks

• Fidgits

Top Posters In This Topic

O rite, I thought the Turbo was a 1.8.

Note taken. So any thoughts what a T-Sport with Turbo will do 0-60 in? And how much a turbo costs to put in? (£1000?)

turbo TS about 7.5 maybe?????

a turbo conversion will cost roughly 2.5k.........

well doesnt have to but when you weigh it all up youll be looking at that

im working on it dont worry :D ;)

Now thats !Removed! crazy. Hehe. Nothings ever simple as "I want that, in there" now is it. Gotta break it down in phases. Well I guess it would be worth it, if you got really bored of 0-60 in 9 sec.

i never do 0-60 really :blink: so never get bored of it, might get bored of 30-100 ;) only teasing, 0-60 figures are one of my pet hates :ffs: , they mean so little. :P

As for the red 106 gti Dale, well thats running some nice bhp its on high lift cams full de-cat rasing zorst ect ect, My Friend Amanda has a black one standard and thats <I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?>ing fast enough, about as much pull as a T-Sport till 5,500RPM then takes of and pulls hard till 7,000RPM.

And the sxo VTS, that uses the same engine as the 106GTI, however since the 106 is lighter its quicker :thumbsup:

I know what you mean. 0-60 is never done.

Mainly 0-30mph (any car does fast)

and then the 40mph -> 70mph (Dual Carrageway)

Only need acceleration for dual carragways at the end of the day, startin n stopping all the damn time.

I would usually say the 0-60 time of a car is a good indication to its overall strength. But in the real world, your right, its more dependant on how much grunt you have throughout the entire rev range and in higher gears. That's why TDI's are usually extremely good for fast overtaking with all that torque.

I still dont understand torque.

Hell sometimes 0-60 dnt make sense.

Yaris T-Sport (0-60 in 9sec)

IS200 Sport (0-60 in 9.5sec)

But if you raced em, the IS200 would win on acceleration I bet!

0-60 important factors:

1- power to weight ratio

2- gear ratios

:thumbsup: hence the T-Sport looking better on paper.........still on paper means nowt in the real world :ph34r:

I still dont understand torque.

Hell sometimes 0-60 dnt make sense.

Yaris T-Sport (0-60 in 9sec)

IS200 Sport (0-60 in 9.5sec)

But if you raced em, the IS200 would win on acceleration I bet!

You under-estimate our Yari :D

Really? You mean really really?

I must apoligise s0cks, I must sometime see this to belive it.

I love my dads Lexus, body kit and all (factory option) in black. I love the 6 cylinder smooth sound.

Right, I will have to get a T-Sport and give him a go. hehe.

Learn sumthin new everyday right s0cks?

LOL. Don't take me that literally. With 0.5 seconds difference you probably wouldn't even notice the difference, and sure enough the IS200 would pull away from you on the motorway.

But a good trash around a twisty track and it could be anyones I rekon.

Remember a 0-60 time is a 0-60 time. If one 0-60 is quicker than the other cars 0-60 - then then that first car is quicker to 60. But remember thats in a straight line,only up to 60, and on good tyres with a good start.

Yeah also depends on how you drive it. Cause most 0-60 times can be beaten if you dont change gear til like 5000 or so. Very dependent on how its driven thats for sure.

Yaris certainly is a nippy little bugga, i bet it would do well aruond a twisty track.

the IS is rear wheel drive remeber so off the mark would be better but round bends its got no chance against the yaris

could i throw something else into this tread....in the T-Sport you have to change gear twice to reach 60 there for slowing us down even more so..kinda :D .

Now seriously my friend has a e36 325BMW, and my little yaris isnt far off the pace up to 60/70MPH theres hardly anything in it, its when we get on the motorway or long a roads i lose him, but round the twisties and between round abouts its a good laugh, and im sure his car is quicker than a IS??? :thumbsup:

Nicly thrown in Nizan. Certainly gone a bit off the main point now this topic huh? Hehe. It happens.

While on topic, your car is 120BHP now Nizan, is that purly cause of the A'Pexi induction kit? How much did that bring you upto?

Also yeah I know the exhaust system would come into it as well.

What ya rekon your new faster 0-60 is Nizan? Im very curious. And does your exhaust sound loud? Beefy? or Smooth? (Very technical terms i know :))

hmmm well i found out last weekend my car isnt fueling properly cos of the error code the de-cat is causing so ill be running 120+ when i get a new fuel computer and re map but till then im probably only running 110 MAX :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

when the fuel is sorted i will be running some nice figures and this is all down to my exhaust, it sounds how you would exspect a Jap track car to sound very raspy high pitched and you can tell its made for perfomance not sound, however it is very loud and i sill have a center silencer in place :eek:

once my fueling is done and im getting the full potnetial (whic dale recons is huge) out of my zorst then ill let ya all know the figures and just how much quicker the car is :thumbsup:

my dads diesel yaris is fast with its massive 75bhp lol it ios actully very fast for my dads job as he is driving round towns all day and he can over take 4 cars in a row on a road near are house and they ususlyy try to catch us but my dad has his foot to the floor and we have had 109 mph on the m58 :lol:

best thing about the d4d is that its got a big barrel of torque for you to play with

very impressive little motor

id be interested to see a tuned d4d

you might be able to see one soon we should be getting it chipped and a custom k&n air filter made so i worked it out it should be pusshing 105-110 bhp after its done

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links