Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Swapping A Jap Spec 3sgte W/trc

Jap3sgteswap

I'm doing a motor swap. I got a 96 3sgte W/ TRC (traction control and am putting it in a 90' Base model MR2. It got shipped with everything but the fuel pump that I need. Does anybody have any suggestions on fuel delivery. that will plug and play for now. I don't want to have to do any custom wiring since I have enough to deal with already. I have'nt got to the wiring situation yet and also the throttle cable either ( In Japan it goes to the Right side and Right now I don't know if this dinky little motor's throttle cable thats in there right now will reach. I am a mechanic and do this kind of work on a daily basis but this is the first time I've done an Mr2 swap. I usually do Honda or OEM to OEM change overs. If anyone has any first hand experience on this matter you can also feel free to email me at Insptidetown@AOL.COM. Any wiring suggestions is also greatly appreciated since the one going to the front of the car ie. instrument cluster, Battery headlamps has been cut in this clip. The one from the Ecu thats in the back goes to the fuse box in the back, then the front harness section plugs into this same fuse box.

Just a thought as I am not technical at all but would it not be easier to buy the fuel pump / missing parts from someone like Toyota Celica Breakers so you have al the original kit.

The '90 MR2 should be very similar to the later revisions......

keep saying it try fensport they're the masters of everything 3S-GTE they can also supply you with a fuel pump std or uprated both are just as easy to fit with their help i got one of these engines in a AE-92 corolla and it now puts out 300bhp and has a top speed of 155mph at the 7000rpm rev limiter :D :D

Just to support Dawsey's comment, brother used to have a Mk1 SC which was upgraded by Fensport, absolutely first class job and they can not be faulted....

We should get them on the review list as they would get top marks from everybody hands down :D

B) Thanks fellow Toyota heads, Remember I'm not too familiar with MR2's, and happenend to come across this web sight for technical advise. I do appreciate and will check out the following web sights like Fensport or Celica breakers.

Thanks.......... ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links