Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Trouble With Toyota

nezerr

Hi All

After having problems with a noise from the steering on my car Toyota agreed to put a new rack on it, Excellent I thought, this is the end to the nightmare I’ve had with my new car. A week later whilst driving down a country road on the way back from York at 2:30am two warning lights appeared on the dash, VSC and VSC off in amber, all of a sudden the car was all over the road as if I had a flat. I slowed down pulled over and got out to have a look, nothing wrong with the wheels, I even got the wheel brace out and checked the nuts. So I set off hoping it was going to be ok, the warning lights had gone out but the car was still very unstable, I managed to limp home with it nearly going off the road at a few bends. The next day I was straight down to Toyota to get it checked out, this was on a Friday morning. Toyota says the rack wasn’t fitted properly and they aren’t sure what’s wrong with it, as they have never seen this fault before. They say a technician needs to come have a look at it on Monday and they will try downloading some software from the Toyota web site to update a sensor on the steering rack? They told me its unsafe to drive and offered me a lift home. This all sounds strange to me and now I’m without my car all weekend. I’m not even sure when it will be fixed. The car is booked in for a 60k service on Tuesday which means it will be out of warranty after that. I’m so worried about all this as I can ill afford to be paying out for faults that you don’t expect on a car so new and from a manufacturer as Toyota! I really wish I had not bought the car now which is a shame, as I so loved the car in every way. I didn’t fancy Ford or Vauxhall and thought Toyota to be one of the worlds leading manufacturers and on par with VW and other reliable German manufacturers, this doesn’t seem to be the case. I know the cars are made in the UK and that most on hear say don’t be put off, but I’m at an end with this. I will not recommend anyone buy a new avensis or any other British built Toyota, this I find very hard to except as I’m proud to be British.

Just thought id share my bad luck with you, sorry if I went on but I’m very annoyed and out of pocket!!

I will not recommend anyone buy a new avensis or any other British built Toyota, this I find very hard to except as I’m proud to be British.

That's exactly how I feel after owning my Avensis, the quality is absolutely appaling compared to Japanese Toyota's, people who have had Mondeo's and old Vectra's might see them as an improvement but after seeing what the Japanese are capable of it just shows how poor our 'copies' of them are.

The only UK built Japanese cars to be of decent quality were the old Nissans (89-00), but now even that has gone to pot since Renault came in and cut production times and cost-cuts came in everywhere.

any faults that become apparent when under warranty will still be covered when it goes out of warranty.

as Matty says. And don't let them try to tell you otherwise.

btw Is it under the warranty mileage? ie 60,000miles.

If it's just over the mileage, argue the point about not being able to book it in sooner.

AND..........

if the car is in warrenty, and they replaced the rack, and admit its wrong........they are liable

also they should give you a courtesy car.......insist on one, also i strongly recomend you write a strong letter to TGB

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links