Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Phone Car-kits Suitable For An Avensis.

steve_bristol

I own a 2002 Avensis 2.0CDX, and I want to install a car kit in order that I can legally make and receive calls without having to stop. I’ve planned to get one for a while as while I infrequently need to make a call while driving Murphy’s Law dictates that the moment I pick up the phone a policeman will appear from no-where. I’ve realised that I need a bluetooth one – as I expect to find the phone in my pocket more often than in a cradle. I’ve found an acceptable bluetooth phone – and now I’m looking for a car kit. I am lead to believe that there are several “issues” with the Avensis Sat-Nav stereo and car kits – so wondered what other people have successfully used. I’m not overly concerned about a display for caller ID – but it would be a positive feature. Ideally the car-kit should integrate with the stereo and use its Speakers while music is muted – and (after hearing about one disgruntled Nokia 112 kit owner who couldn’t use his hands free over 30mph I want to be sure the one I buy is operable at motorway speeds. Does anyone have any advice to offer?

Steve:

I personally use the Sony Ericsson bluetooth car kit and am very happy with it. I installed the kit such that the control is attached to the very upper corner of the windshield which puts it in easy reach. I have it attached through the stereo and the music mutes when a call comes in or I make a call. I added the music mute cable for this. Also, I have added the gooseneck microphone. The sound quality is excellent and I have been very happy with the quality. The newer SE BT model allows for different users to be added to the system so that they can each use the system when they drive. My system does not support this feature but really is not necessary.

My biggest issue was a system which made for a very clean looking install and this was achieved with the SE model. I also have passed the gooseneck microphone into the overhead lighting console which results in the microphone being hidden but fully operational.

Jason

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links