Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Much Did You Pay For Your Mr2?

qwertyuiop

Simple enough question, if you don't feel like disclosing such info, then don't.

How much did you buy your MR2 for?

Revision/private or trade/year you bought it/condition/mileage etc. << feel free to add any information you feel necessary.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jimlad

• JappyBeast

• ricomr2

• houston

I bought my black K reg '93 rev2 in July from an import garage. Was in very good condition overall, couple of minor chips and scratches but was mostly clean. Had covered 92,000km and did not have any service history being an import. Came with aftermarket 17" wheels, jap stainless exhaust and tints. Also had a 6 month parts & labour warranty. Cost me £3,500.

I bought my rev3 turbo T-bar back in Nov 2003 for £6900.00

Just 26k on the clock and a history folder like War & Peace! (Private Sale)

I'd consider it money well spent, it's never let me down and it makes me smile every time I drive it!

:thumbsup:

Got ours about 3 years ago ,

it was stood in a fore court in Oldham for over a year at £3900

and when we went to look at her the sales whatever,

fell headover heels to try and sell her to us,

anyway to cut this short, after about a hour , him & the wife going at it :!Removed!:

we part ex'd a rover L reg ,ex taxi, no brakes, 2 months mot, no tax,

more miles then on the clock,+ £1000 :D

drive pass every day towork, and give him a wave :yes:

from a dealer just outside oxford with 1 years warantee

1992 rev2 uk car full service history 70,000

bought april 2002 for £4800

£4500 ... first UK owner and 30,000miles. MK2 Rev1 Tubby. Was in excellent condition.

I know that you didnt pay that much!

I got mine over 2 years ago.. she was advertised in auto trader for £3000 and I her for £2700. Complete with original toolbag, T-top bags and inserts.

I love her.

i bought mine 3.5 years ago, it was a full spec 1990 gt t-bar and had all the optional extra's like lsd, abc, suede, folding mirrors, steerable fogs, air con etc. it was boggo standard apart from a tanabe exhaust and lowering springs.

the guy was a middle aged family dude who was starting a new business and needed an estate. it had loads of history and i could tell it had been looked after. got it for £3,995.

i spend about 2-3k a year in mods on it :o

Rev5 turbo, had it just over a year, cost me plenty more than anyone elses on here id imagine :thumbsup:

(more fool me really though lol)

£4500 ... first UK owner and 30,000miles. MK2 Rev1 Tubby. Was in excellent condition.

I know that you didnt pay that much!

I got mine over 2 years ago.. she was advertised in auto trader for £3000 and I her for £2700. Complete with original toolbag, T-top bags and inserts.

I love her.

eh ?? ... yeah I did you muppet

erm.. it was alright condition when I got it. Low mileage....

tbh I didn't really know much about mr2s then. I wouldn't pay £4.5K for a rev1 tubby now... but I defo don't regret it.

paid £2700 for my white 93 rev2 in perfect conditon, last owner wa a lass, fsh and 100k on the clock. serviced every 5000 miles. im chuffed :D

£9500 for a UK sunroof'd 1999 V reg rev5 with 19,800 miles on the clock, that was nearly 1 and a half years ago with 1 year Toyota warranty & RAC cover and 6 months tax.

August 2001, I bought my 93 rev 3 GT Turbo for £6000.

Was pleased then, and have been every day since :D

-been offered quite a bit more many times since though :lol:

i bought my rev2 turbo about end of april no service history fair condition i knocked the price down £2400 with 91000 kmh on it and a few mods with it :D

I recently enquired tio garages around Scotland too see what mines would fetch (was considering selling it :!Removed!: ) I asked what would it cost for a mint 96 rev four with minor mods:zorst induction kit and bone stock exterior around 50k on the clock. The garages quoted "your looking around £10k m8"...! Apparently reason is they are very difficult to get hold of in near stock spec and after 1996 and they go for above normal prices in Japan. Looking at the local trader 94+ rev3, 60k miles with off putting extensive mods are going for £8.5k! tis pretty nuts imo. Most private sales are shafted tubbys for dirt cheap in my experience.

I recently enquired tio garages around Scotland too see what mines would fetch (was considering selling it :!Removed!: ) I asked what would it cost for a mint 96 rev four with minor mods:zorst induction kit and bone stock exterior around 50k on the clock. The garages quoted "your looking around £10k m8"...! Apparently reason is they are very difficult to get hold of in near stock spec and after 1996 and they go for above normal prices in Japan. Looking at the local trader 94+ rev3, 60k miles with off putting extensive mods are going for £8.5k! tis pretty nuts imo. Most private sales are shafted tubbys for dirt cheap in my experience.

very true, all that, number of g-ltds and tubbys i see about that look like sheds is, well most that arn't at shows, dull paint, flaky laquer, sound like bags of nails, covered in parking dents etc thats why they are either cheap or expensive, very little in the middle, owners don't want to let go of their older but good condition ones.

1990 rev 1 glimited, was up for 2k but knocked it down to 1800 using paintwork as excuse, then got an extra 200 off dealer to fix sensors, full mot but no tax, old mots but not much else. looking at some of the 2s for sale now i do think i rushed into buying it but its a learing experience.

1990 rev 1 glimited, was up for 2k but knocked it down to 1800 using paintwork as excuse, then got an extra 200 off dealer to fix sensors, full mot but no tax, old mots but not much else. looking at some of the 2s for sale now i do think i rushed into buying it but its a learing experience.

Still a good price mate :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links