Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speed Cops

mrrandom

yesterday I was coming home on the motorway, and opened the car up a bit. 90.10MPH over a distance of 836 Metres to be exact, on top of that, R-Plates removed from the windshield and rear window.

Has anyone caused a similar offence? Police pulled me over as I overtook them. Unmarked car.

It has to go to court and I shall receive word about it in Febuary time or so.

I am being charged with 2 offences, removing R-Plates and Speeding.

As you all know, with an R-Plate u can only drive at 45MPH. I was going twice that.

Any advice? I already got 2 solicitor's to represent me.

probably a speed restriction thing for new drivers in ireland

to be honest though, 90mph when you're only supposed to be doing 45mph.... they'll throw the book at you.

probably a speed restriction thing for new drivers in ireland

to be honest though, 90mph when you're only supposed to be doing 45mph.... they'll throw the book at you.

aye, tis a bit daft.

I am going slow for now, taking it steady becuase im scared of getting some points...

(for two years :ph34r::lol: )

yeah they probably will. hope not though. Got 2 solicitors though, and they may be able t pull some strings. They know the magistrates

Well good luck buddy hope it all goes to plan ;)

jerry!!

so..

your a new driver, which means you need to display these R plates, AND are restricted to 45mph...

So - you were caught doing 90mph on a 60/70mph road? and on top of the initial speeding, you were also doing double the speed you are legally allowed to as a new driver, and not displaying the plates as you should...

So no, its not looking good - you'll be lucky to walk away with a license.. but what did you expect???

If you cant do the time - dont do the crime ;)

so..

your a new driver, which means you need to display these R plates, AND are restricted to 45mph...

So - you were caught doing 90mph on a 60/70mph road? and on top of the initial speeding, you were also doing double the speed you are legally allowed to as a new driver, and not displaying the plates as you should...

So no, its not looking good - you'll be lucky to walk away with a license.. but what did you expect???

Harsh but fair.

Unlucky mate :(

so..

Totally agree!

^ The man has a point. It's not looking too good...

Good luck - think you might need it Barry!

A

:blink: I PASSED Made 3 minor's  not too bad if i do say so  wooo!! insurance 2moro and im drivin like a boi racer  lol

Uhoh......yesterday i was drivin through town, jsut came through traffic lights when some  :censor:  decided to brake and turn at last minute, i slid straight into the back of her, bent her rear bumper, slight dent in the boot door, and the entire floor of her spare wheel well is pushed up, next it'll prob be a "personal injury" claim. one thing tho, the doll i hit was mighty fine! lol.

Now, my car, the damage is as folows: new bonnet needed, possibly new grill and emblim, new impact bar new holder for the bonnet to stay down weld the clips on the lights back together

Thank goodness you don’t live anywhere near me Barry.

You haven’t had your licence 6 months and already you driven into the back of someone, admitted driving on bold tyres, been caught doing double your legal limit and not showing the appropriate plates.

I’m afraid if you are looking for sympathy you will find it in the dictionary........ between s**t and syphilis!

Now I know why my insurance keeps going up every year.

I hope you get a ban, and I mean that in a nice way, maybe it will teach you a lesson before someone is killed.

A driving licence is a privilege, not a right. You are in control of a ton of metal which WILL kill or injure in the wrong hands and it’s obvious your driving tuition has gone in one ear and out the other.

Maybe this should be your mode of transport until you become more responsible...

72.jpg

:ffs:

push bike for sure! sorry pal but no solicitor will get you off

You could always advise the magistrate or your solicitors to look on this forum at all the posts you have made. Maybe that will make them more understanding and sympathetic to your case :thumbsup:

You could always advise the magistrate or your solicitors to look on this forum at all the posts you have made. Maybe that will make them more understanding and sympathetic to your case :thumbsup:

:D :lol: :D :lol:

:thumbsup:

Just thinking about this a little deeper - what you did is equivalent to me taking off my rear number plate and doing 140mph down the M4..

And if i did that, the chances are I would end up in prison..

So if I was you Barry, I'd stop worrying about your license, and start worrying about your cell mate.....

:!Removed!:

Just thinking about this a little deeper - what you did is equivalent to me taking off my rear number plate and doing 140mph down the M4..

So if I was you Barry, I'd stop worrying about your license, and start worrying about your cell mate.....

:!Removed!:

HELLOOOOO :lol:

gallery_12498_22_1101037360.jpg

only if it was your car though and you were insured and taxed, Fidgets.

If the car was stolen, no tax and insurance doing 140 with no plates then i think the punishment is a £50 fine and 20 hrs community service ( attendance optional )

Rich

no, its looking more like 5 penalty points and 200-300 quid fine.

3 for speeding and 2 for R Plates. 6 I loose my license

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links