Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Release The Hounds

daktari

For once I'm glad I live in Inverness!

None of this "threat to my life and my property whilst I sleep business" :eek:

A

it's a very fine border between reasonable & excessive force in that sort of situation..

thinking clearly/safely about it, if you can scare the intruder into scarpering from your house without having to crack him with a katana/nun chucks/samurai sword/etc then that's the best line of action.

if it turns into a confrontation, surely it's then classed as self defence when you tonk him?

still can't believe burglars can claim compensation for any injuries sustained whilst robbing their victims house!! :lol:

and we all know what happened to Tony Martin when he used a shotgun to stop a burglar..

yep, life imprisonment.

Likw you said... Self defence...

you go out to scare them off, if the "che ching" donesl;t send them running but they charge you.... what ya gonna do!!!

bloke i work with REALLY scared some kid who tryed to pinch his stereo, kid had smashed window and was in car, this bloke sits up all night watchin tv, heard smash and sneaked out, pulled him out car held him to ground and threatened him! oh, forgot to mention he had a shotgun pointed at his head!!! hasnt got it anymore obviously!

iam in the armed forces and as a duty have to carry a rifle and batton, i have a card that states the ROE for both . the law says its upto me if i use them but if i should kill anyone then my first port of call is court to justifie my actions. the laws an ****.

E.G you may only open fire if he/ she is about to commit an act likely to endanger life, (then you have to prove that he/she is)

E.G if someone has done what he/she was going to do and they are running away with gun in hand and you see them are they a threat??? the law says no. but how long would it take someone to stop and shoot you

theres more, but the problem is if its spare of the moment as these things normaly are you have seconds few to make a decision , and you dont get a second chance should you make the wrong one.

moral of the story dead people dont stand up in court.

and we all know what happened to Tony Martin when he used a shotgun to stop a burglar..

yep, life imprisonment.

i still stand on two feet and believe Martin should be elected as PM!

ive got uttermost respect for that bloke

Isn`t it wonderful that in the 'civilised' world (I use the word advisedly) the wrongdoer is the person least likely to be penalised. I`m all for fair and just trials and making sure the innocent aren`t wrongly convicted but when the law turns over backwards to protect the guilty... Something is seriously wrong. Too many bleeding heart liberals and do gooders.

Civilisation......... PAH. :censor:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links