Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fujitsubo

earpl

corroding!

i thought it was 304 stainless :blink:

get the autosol on it to make sure

Unlikely mate. Give it a good scrub with a brush. After a rinse, wash, scrub, and polish mine still looks like it did the day I got it :)

Just realised s0cks that you meant on the powergetter.... durr! I have lots of christmas cheer in me! :wacko:

Yeah, use a brush, give it a really good scrub, and if you can, get a fish-tank-cleaning style brush (but tougher) and do the inside as much as possible! Then get the silver polish out and shine that baby up!

mine looks a kinda of goldish colour (the tip) is that right or are urs all silver??

mine looks a kinda of goldish colour (the tip) is that right or are urs all silver??

I don't know what it looks like at all, but yours should be fine... that's where the heat as simply tarnished the end. Exhausts are very hot!

deffinatly corrosion spots :( trust me i work in the trade.....

If your talking about a number of black spots/circles that appear on the tailpipe then that isn't corrosion. They come off after a very good scrub. I seriosuly doubt there is corrosion on a new, expensive, and very good exhaust (these guys only make exhausts). I appreciate that your in the trade, but still... do you have any photo's?

you wanna see a photo of my tail pipe????

Waiting for it.....

Norm you gone and :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: > LOG OUT WHEN YOU USE MY COMPUTER!!

Norm you gone and  :censor:  :censor:  :censor:  :censor:  :censor:  :censor:  > LOG OUT WHEN YOU USE MY COMPUTER!!

Wrong....

EARPL DON'T USE MY ACCOUNT! now every one thinks i'm dirty and perverted!

:thumbsup:

Update: Upon washing the car it looked like the exhuast had numerous corrosion marks. Large brown, rust looking areas. I could honestly say it looked like a rusting old piece of metal! But, alas, with a good firm scrub with a brush they went like magic :)

if its a greyish black rough staining on the surface then it is corrosion theoretically stainless shouldnt rust, but a balls up in the chemistry in the metal can have bad effects and then cause it to effectively rust...

but this is only on poorly developed steel and and cheap ones if im correct in thinking as said before i thought the fuji' was T304 aircraft grade, which there should be no chance of rust!

on another note, if its the redish brown rust... then its mild steel :o

if its a greyish black rough staining on the surface then it is corrosion theoretically stainless shouldnt rust, but a balls up in the chemistry in the metal can have bad effects and then cause it to effectively rust...

but this is only on poorly developed steel and and cheap ones if im correct in thinking as said before i thought the fuji' was T304 aircraft grade, which there should be no chance of rust!

on another note, if its the redish brown rust... then its mild steel :o

Yer, sounds very unlikely. I was just saying it 'looked' like rust. Obviously it wasn't.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links