Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tailgating...

T V O R

problem with tailgaters is that they are generally very aggressive drivers of generally not very valuable cars (mondeos, cavaliers etc)....no problem for them if they tail-end you cos it wont cos them too much.

instinctively in that situation you feel like fighting back with them to teach them not act like such stuck up w@#?ers.....but end of the day, its not worth it cos if they wanna cause damage they most likely will.

deep breaths, chilled music, drive safely......you know you're better than him (her?) so just carry on as you are.

Does anyone know what film the clip comes from?

I am sure I've seen it but can't remember what it's called.

David Lynch's Lost Highway ;)

YES! YES! YES! Ta for that! 'kin brilliant film B)

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Was it Dawesy's anti-lag/flamer that scared the crap out of some tailgater a while back?

:lol::lol:

I must admit, unless there are slow cars infront and no way past tailgating is not usually much of a problem.

The windscreen washer is a great way of getting them, especially handy against motorbikes :D :D :D

Although I'd never do it in the supra, if the road is clear behind (yes, I do check) I will give a quick jab of the breaks.. if they hit me its thair loss, if they don't they soon fall back!!!!

What I'd like to see now is similar footage against people that don't dip their lights. and people with their foglights on!!!

It was only yesterday I was thinking how fantastic it would be for someone to make a good remake of my all time fave film, "Falling Down" with a nice scene of a E46 driver kneeling on his knees facing his grille execution style, bang bang... screen cuts to our anti-hero driving away, pans back to the estate agent still kneeling infront of his car, near kacking himself, with his dipped beams on and both foglights shot out :thumbsup:

funny vid.

i have done the break thing. and the washer thing(redirect one of your washer nossles over your car roof with a pin) great in traffic jams for pushbikes :D

best one i had was going down the M27 i had a tailgater right up me chuff so i let him passed and put all my lights on and sat behind him(main beam fogs the lot :thumbsup: )at a safe distance of course :rolleyes: so he started breaking in front of me. but i was to far back to be bothered by this fools vain atempt to scare me.:fear: he then slowed down and went behind me. his fist was waving ears steaming etc :censor: so just to p him off alittle more i retuned the bird. (now if any on knows the M27 portsmouth M275 turn of you will now if you go off there you can't get back on(you have to go another route to the next junction and if your not a local it could be nightmareish :D ) anyway back to the story having sucsessfully made this idiot madder than a mad thing on a mad day i indecatored to come of a formentioined junction to my delight he started to follow. as i ventured onto the slip road so did he(probly going to give me a peace of his tiny mind) so i upped revs and shot back onto the motoway and left him on the slip road unable and to slow to react to my cunning so i waved and continued my journey in peace. the end :thumbsup:

Nice vid! :lol:

I apparently went up this guys rear end once (in a 1 litre Yaris) and then he braked hard, then we came up to a roundabout and I overtook him to go right into ASDA and then he followed and I went right upto the front door (nearly) and I jumped out my car and next thing you know this guy jumps out his and he's a f'ing bodybuilder beefcake!

He held my by my shirt at the front up against my car and everyone wos looking and thinking wtf! I told him to 'f' off and he said if anything happens to my car he'll end me! I've got his registration number though! ;)

lol, wen i was drivin round belfast i made the mistake of letting "road rage" get the best of me, i didnt no my way around, and i acciddently underestimated a corner, no accident or anything caused by it, just had to reverse a little and go on round, happens people on that turn often, bad wee turn (no it too well now lol). but some ***** with 3 kids in his car started honmkin the horn an goin mad so i showed him the bird. Next thing i no is im being ripped from my yaris, and he goin nuts, he was f'in huge!!!!! him with 3 kids in the car, !Removed!. anyway, he was goin mad but the cops pulled up, and gave me a mouthfull for givin him the finger, but charged him with "aggrivated road rage" LOL! was funi

lol, wen i was drivin round belfast i made the mistake of letting "road rage" get the best of me, i didnt no my way around, and i acciddently underestimated a corner, no accident or anything caused by it, just had to reverse a little and go on round, happens people on that turn often, bad wee turn (no it too well now lol). but some ***** with 3 kids in his car started honmkin the horn an goin mad so i showed him the bird. Next thing i no is im being ripped from my yaris, and he goin nuts, he was f'in huge!!!!! him with 3 kids in the car, !Removed!. anyway, he was goin mad but the cops pulled up, and gave me a mouthfull for givin him the finger, but charged him with "aggrivated road rage" LOL! was funi

to increase the distance between you and the car in front of you - you would need to reduce your speed.

note that I also said to do this slowly - ie - ease up off the accelerator, not use the brake  ;)

In towns this is my usual response, I'll continue to slow down until they either get the message and back-off or overtake me. If you ever see an Avensis driving around Bristol or Pontefract at 15mph with a Mondeo 3 inches off their bumper it will probably be me!

Before anybody has a go, just tell me what else I'm suppsed to do when I'm carrying my 1day old son and his mother home from the Hospital and I have some idiot tailgaiting me (all the way from the Hospital gates I may add).

I know what you mean.

If enyone ever hits my car due to stupid driving whilst my 18 month old daughter is with me then I have to be honest Im going to punch them. Even if they are huge and I end up in hospital.

Strange thing happened to me about two years back.

I dont know what I had done to him but this bloke in a BMW starts waving and flashing (his lights lol) he looked really mad, and I couldnt get him of my a$$. So I pulled up at the side of the road and waited, he gets out of his car and starts running towards me still waving and shouting. So I floor it and drive off. I look in the mirror and he was still doing his mad man thing. :D :rolleyes:

Ash.

to increase the distance between you and the car in front of you - you would need to reduce your speed.

note that I also said to do this slowly - ie - ease up off the accelerator, not use the brake  ;)

In towns this is my usual response, I'll continue to slow down until they either get the message and back-off or overtake me. If you ever see an Avensis driving around Bristol or Pontefract at 15mph with a Mondeo 3 inches off their bumper it will probably be me!

Before anybody has a go, just tell me what else I'm suppsed to do when I'm carrying my 1day old son and his mother home from the Hospital and I have some idiot tailgaiting me (all the way from the Hospital gates I may add).

I reckon you done the right thing. :thumbsup:

Strange thing happened to me about two years back.

I dont know what I had done to him but this bloke in a BMW starts waving and flashing (his lights lol) he looked really mad, and I couldnt get him of my a$$. So I pulled up at the side of the road and waited, he gets out of his car and starts running towards me still waving and shouting. So I floor it and drive off. I look in the mirror and he was still doing his mad man thing. biggrin.gif rolleyes.gif

Ash..

Perhaps he was after wedding cake. :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links