Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tailgating...

T V O R

This is why you shouldn’t tailgate!

Right click ‘save target as’ (Not 56k friendly)

Clicky

(Contains strong language, careful if children are around)

ive learnt a trick for tail gaters, when they are right up ur ***** slightly touch the break pedle. Just enough so that u arent breaking but the break light comes on. they **** themselves lol. One guy pulled up beside me at a traffic light n roared at me n i just told him "well u shouldnt be tailgating". He wasbn't pleased lol. Should try it, its fun

ive learnt a trick for tail gaters, when they are right up ur ***** slightly touch the break pedle. Just enough so that u arent breaking but the break light comes on. they **** themselves lol. One guy pulled up beside me at a traffic light n roared at me n i just told him "well u shouldnt be tailgating". He wasbn't pleased lol. Should try it, its fun

I did that on the Motorway once to a Scoobie. Next thing I knew, the A :censor: hole shot past me then did an emergency stop in front of me :eek: and after that kept speeding up and braking to try and annoy me or get me to rear end him. So for all his rushing to get past me he wound up wasting even more time trying to upset me.

It hasn't stopped me from doing it, if people want to be morons let them, in fact I'll make my best efforts to help them look like prats B)

Old trick that doesn't work Barry! I prefer the way in the vid! :yes:

QUOTE(barryflood22 @ Jan 7 2005, 12:01 AM)

Old trick that doesn't work Barry! I prefer the way in the vid! 

Lol yeah it does, I've done it loads of times n its hillarious, one guy started jumpin all round his car he was that angry lol. was funny

for ******s sake - this forum gets worse :ffs:

please, do not pretend to brake just to annoy people who are tailgating.

its not too far of a stretch of your imagination to see how doing this could cause someone behind you to do a genuine emergency stop, causing cars to crash into the back of them.

next thing you know, you've got a pileup, possibly with people dying - all because some ******witt with less sense than a brick thought it would be a good idea to try and annoy someone.

If you are being tailgated, then the best thing to do is to slowly increase the distance between you and the car in front of you.

you should have a 2 second gap between you anyway - slowly increase that to 4 seconds.

this way, in a heavy braking situation, you can brake slightly for a second or two, to give the tailgater a chance to react and brake - then use the remaining two seconds to safely brake.

in the highway code book you are advised not to increase your speed i.e. be bullied into speeding up because of a tailgater

If you are being tailgated, then the best thing to do is to slowly increase the distance between you and the car in front of you.

in the highway code book you are advised not to increase your speed i.e. be bullied into speeding up because of a tailgater

to increase the distance between you and the car in front of you - you would need to reduce your speed.

note that I also said to do this slowly - ie - ease up off the accelerator, not use the brake ;)

I tend to find that if a car is tailgating you and you increase your speed, they increase their speed too. Y'see its not just an innocent accident on their behalf. They are genuinely trying to get on your t*ts.

On a similar note, I was in the slow lane of the motorway the other day behind a Ford Focus doing about 65mph, I indicated into the fast lane and proceeded to pass the Focus. Oh but whats this, he started to accelerate rapidly. Strange I thought as I continued to accelerate past him (as this was the whole point of going into the fast lane).

Faster and faster the Focus went (still in thw slow lane mind), I could see a lot of thick black smoke coming from the back of the car so I presume he was ragging the life out of it. Eventually I passed him........at 120mph.

Now I dont endorse speeding of any kind (I drive like a granny most of the time as Ive said many times before) however I found myself caught up in this very bizzarre situation.

an anyone enlighten me as to what caused this guy to just snap and try to accelerate his Focus into oblivion? :blink:

If someone is tailgating me in daylight, I just switch my lights on without slowing down or accellerating. It's amazing how many people back away and how quickly :P

The other thing I do is use my wash/wipe, which inevitably sends reflected spray from the wipers over my roof onto their windscreen - making them think about how close they are to me and also making them clean their windscreens so they can actually see how close they are to me :P

Back to the clip:

Does anyone know what film the clip comes from?

I am sure I've seen it but can't remember what it's called.

The other thing I do is use my wash/wipe, which inevitably sends reflected spray from the wipers over my roof onto their windscreen - making them think about how close they are to me and also making them clean their windscreens so they can actually see how close they are to me :P

What a good idea, top marks that man :thumbsup:

I got tailgated once again tonight, it's virtually an everyday occurance now!! Some idiot in a mondeo decided to sit right on my Yaris' rear bumper when I was braking for a red light... :ffs:

It really annoys me!

A pick up truck driver tailgated me today, remember i told you lot about pick up truck drivers?

Well anyway i pretty much blasted away while giving him the Flame from my exhaust :yes:

I remember when I was still learning to drive, I had this beemer right on my bumper for over 10minutes. I had my driving instructor with me at the time, and he was telling me to slow down, increase the gap in front etc which I did, but this guy wouldnt back off. Until we reached these traffic lights on a hill. Of course my clutch control wasnt fantastic, so I rolled back slightly as I went to move off. The look on this guys face was a classic according to my instructor.

And he kept his distance the rest of the way into town till I turned off :lol:

Why, when I watched that video, did I imagine a 13 year old little scrote on the recieving end of the justice it would have deserved! 4_2_201.gif

Why, when I watched that video, did I imagine a 13 year old little !Removed! on the recieving end of the justice it would have deserved!  4_2_201.gif

Great minds thinking alike here. :D :thumbsup:

Does anyone know what film the clip comes from?

I am sure I've seen it but can't remember what it's called.

David Lynch's Lost Highway ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links