Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gnome

Hello one and all...

Thought I'd sign up to the boards, as I take delivery of my Yaris tomorrow (Friday).

Can't wait!

I've had a T3 1.3 Yaris for the last 4 weeks as a hire car, while I was sorting out my insurance and a new car, after the Micra decided to leave the road. :unsure:

Got a 1.0 T2 '04 Silver Yaris being delivered 2moz.

I've got used to a Yaris for the last month, and after test driving a focus and Pug 206, they just didn't feel comfy or as safe to drive as the Yaris.

First question then. Got the Sony CD player from my Micra, and want to put it in the Yaris. I'm guessing it's the same sort of routine> Toyota wiring loom connector, plastic surround to buy?

Cheers

Welcome :thumbsup:

First question then. Got the Sony CD player from my Micra, and want to put it in the Yaris. I'm guessing it's the same sort of routine> Toyota wiring loom connector, plastic surround to buy?

Got it in one ;) , I'll dig up a link in a min..

*Edit* Link -----> Click Me

Hi and welcome! :thumbsup:

Yeah as dicey says you can also put it in the coin box below your existing Tape/CD player as I have done but if you have the money I'd take out the standard tape player or whatever and flog it on eBay, they usually make pretty good money! I should be doing it soon! :thumbsup:

Hmm.... Might be an idea about the coin box.

Can still stash the CD's, and a Map in the side compartments on the centre dash anyways.

Any ideas where I could get hold of a proper surround though for a Sony CDXS1000 CD player for a T2 '04 Yaris?

Cheers again, :D

Welcome :thumbsup:

Isnt the surround u can use marked up as for a Rav4 but fits in the yaris fine :huh: or am i thinking of somthing different

i just stuffed mine into the coin slot under stock cd unit, old cd slot works nicely as a slot to insert flat base plate of my 7"tft screen :D

so advantages gained from that method lol

The parts you require should be listed within the link, if not theres another link with them in!if i was you i would remove the standard tape/cd player and buy the double din surround,as i believe it would look out of place with the two players there!plus the cd player does not fit snugly into the coin tray!

CB :thumbsup:

Welcome to our club gnome :D

good choice of car much better than your micra i know i've got

both :rolleyes::lol:

kimi :wub:

Welcome to TOC!

I agree with the 206 statement - my other half has one and I find it hellish to drive - the Yaris is sooo better! :D

Good choice! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hiya, Welcome to the site :)

I have a 1.0L T3 and love it too much :D:D They are fantastic little cars :D

Cant wait to see photo's of yours btw..show us some ASAP if possible.

Mine is an 04 plate too.

Would have loved to get the T3 model, but they're rare as rocking horse poo where I am, especially in the budget I had, and from a dealer.

The Pug they gave me for a test drive was awful. It decided that when you even had just barely (I'm being literal here), touched the throttle, it instantly wound up to 4K rpm. I'm not kidding, even the salesman from the Pug dealership found it odd to drive. :rolleyes:

I drove a ford focus 1.4, which wasn't bad, but they had let it run out of fuel, and when they had put a can of petrol in, they decided to help the spluttering engine to feed fuel through by ragging the engine upto 6K rpm at times. Nasty considering that the engine has a 7 grand redline.

Will have a search for the surround. Can't live without my CD's in my car - ain't got no ghetto tapes to play anymore! :P

Have got a couple of small pics from my cmaera phone I can add. Will have to get better pics at the weekend for you guys. Nowt special - it's a standard T2 Silver Yaris, and this will be the cleanest it will probably ever be! :D

<cough> alloys </cough> ;)

Just kidding, mate. Can't do everything at once, I know. Great little car and a great choice.

I'll bet you're delighted. I can remember driving around with a big grin on my face for weeks!

Oh, and welcome to TOC! :thumbsup:

Good choice in car :thumbsup:

looking very nice too... lots you can do with them as far as modding goes.. but at the end of the day it's your car your choice :). Just enjoy driving it. I'm sure you will.. after all you had a Micra :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I agree with the 206 statement - my other half has one and I find it hellish to drive

Well... i don't know what it's like to drive... i couldn't get in the thing comfortably enough to even bother driving it. My left leg was jammed between the dash and the wheel, my hair scraped the roof and it just felt sooo damned awful i couldn't be ubikd with it. (i wasn't looking to buy one... a friend said i could drive theirs)

Im glad i didn't! Yaris rules! :thumbsup:

Hi I thought I'd just say hello here too rather than start a new thread! :thumbsup:

I'm a newbie, with a brand new Yaris Blue :lol: :D love it to bits already!

The thing that amazed me the most is despite its height the centre of gravity must still be quite low as corners at speed are not a problem :thumbsup: (I drive to work in London at 5am quite regularly ;))

I know discussion has already taken place regarding fitting of new stereos... I have a Kenwood CD player (it's not that chav, honest :P) which replaced the rubbish tape player in my old Pug 106 (another bean tin ;)). Now I've got my Yaris I have a redundant £200 stereo. Do I sell it, or pop it into the space in the dash? I have steering-wheel mounted audio controls... will these still work with the right fitting? I managed to fit it into my 106 no prob, but lets face it it was no more complicated than your average Lego kit :D Should I get a pro to handle fitting in the Yaris?

So many questions! Do feel free to point me direct to a link that would answer them all rather than making your RSI worse :thumbsup:

Great to have joined! :group-cuddles:

I'd keep your headunit and get it in that cash tray under the standard Headunit or buy the whole fascia adapter etc which all totals up to about £90! :o

I can't find the direct link but I think its on the audio part of this site and the person who started the threads name is Chappers! :thumbsup:

Hi and welcome to both of you (Laura & Gnome - not Ryan ;) ).

My little sister has a Blue and I had a silver "S" (predecessor to the T2) - they're both excellent cars - my "S" dis 26,000 miles a year!

I'm looking forward to seeing you both around.

Cheers,

Alan

EDIT - I've just noticed I've passed the 1k posts mark... Now I'm a freak rather than a guru... :crybaby:

Thanks Ryan and Alan :thumbsup:

I've now found the detailed instructions on how to fit a headunit... looks ok! Surprised it'll cost as much as £90 though :blink:

And then there's the issue of the steering wheel audio controls... anyone with a T-Sport that's had success? :)

Welcome Laura!

I love the Ice Blue colour! Great choice! :thumbsup: I was going to get Ice Blue for my Yaris, which I bought in December, but the lead time was 8 weeks and I needed a car quick sharpish and Carlo Blue was only a week, so I chose that instead! :thumbsup:

You'll like it here, everyones luuuurvely, if not a little on the mad side! :D

welcome Laura G :D

you'll like it here ...we all do :group-cuddles:

good to see another girl on here too !!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links