Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

You Colt

MrWinkey

Hi All,

has anyone else seen the new advert for the Mitsubishi Colt.

It is a total rip off of the Yaris. I had to look hard to see it wasn't.

Have a look yourselves.

Hi All,

has anyone else seen the new advert for the Mitsubishi Colt.

It is a total rip off of the Yaris. I had to look hard to see it wasn't.

Have a look yourselves.

Is that the Football one?

I am inclined to agree - you do have to look twice....

Saying that, there was a recent post on here about the new Colt and most agreed that it was a really nice car (the Sport one, not the bog standard Colt)

But hey - when the new Yaris comes out it'll blow the competion away! :thumbsup:

I will have to have a look at one up close, but it looks so much alike that i would think it was made by the same company.

It is out of order, as the yaris is really distinctive, and now they have robbed it of that distinction.

Angel, do you know if the SR comes with an alarm as standard? No one is answering my post and Gem is dying to know (we live in a dodgy area).

Sorry me dear I dont - perhaps PM Seveer Unaek - he will know for sure as he has one!

Although on the current P2 models, only the T-Sport has an alarm, I have the T-Spirit, which is the one below the T-Sport and mine doesnt have one.

Sorry I cant be of more help!

No thats cool, you have been of help.

Someone who knows will answer my post (he says hopefully), but if you dont have one you wouldn't know.

The car you have is the latest version of what Gem has isnt it? Ours is an '02 1.3 SR. So if yours doesnt, then i think ours wont either.

Do you think we should tell the insurance? As we told them it did. (thats what the guy said who sold us it)

No thats cool, you have been of help.

Someone who knows will answer my post (he says hopefully), but if you dont have one you wouldn't know.

The car you have is the latest version of what Gem has isnt it? Ours is an '02 1.3 SR. So if yours doesnt, then i think ours wont either.

Do you think we should tell the insurance? As we told them it did. (thats what the guy said who sold us it)

Bit of a silly question but what does the manual say? And if it hasnt got one you'll really need to inform your insurers or else your policy might be void - it shouldnt affect your premium much though, so dont worry.

I think the SR is the equivalent of todays T3? I'm sure someone will correct me - I thought the CDX was the T-Spirit equivalent?

Sorry - I'm being a numpty :shutit:

The only other thing I can think of is has it got alarm stickers on the windows saying "This car is alarmed" - I thought all alarmed cars had those.....

Angel,

i haven't got that far in the manual, but Gem said it doesnt say, so she is stressing about it now.

It has stickers on the windows, but they just say it has a security system, which is what the manual says.

Does your lock the doors if left unatended for a few mins? My mate used to have a 5Turbo that had an alarm on it that did that. This makes me think it has some sort of alarm system.

I will have to just go out and shake it in the morning, (or should i do it now and disturb all my neighbours? he he) and see if the alarm goes off.

Numpty, cool, i haven't heard that word ina while. made me laugh.

Might just have an immobiliser then - sounds to me like your seller was telling porkie pies.....

Tell Gem not to stress (being a bird myself, I know that its a womans prerogative to stress as much as possible!) as not having an alarm isnt so bad...

At least it wont go off at silly o'clock waking you and all your neighbours up!

Like the Monty Python boys said "Always look on the bright side of life!"

And yeah - I like the word numpty too - that and eejit are my personal favourites :D

same here... thought it was a yaris advert

Sorry im late... was wining and dining last night!!

My SR is an 02' and has an alarm, i can't remember if it's standard though... im pretty sure it is. It's got alarm, double locking, remote central and immobiliser.

The SR doesn't have an equivelent in the car's at the mo... it has all the kit of the T-Spirit (except fogs) but then is kitted out to be sporty... alloys, spoiler, suspension, different interior cloth, sports leather wheel and gearstick etc. Production of it stopped because the T-sport had arrived and took over the SR's position!

Wrong topic dude..

Not really......

Angel, do you know if the SR comes with an alarm as standard? No one is answering my post and Gem is dying to know (we live in a dodgy area).

That was from this post... i read this before his other post!!

:D

Does your lock the doors if left unatended for a few mins?

On mine if you press the unlock button on the remote locking key and don't actually get a door open on it within 30 seconds of pressing unlock then it'll lock itself again. As for actually getting out of the car, forgetting to lock it and then locking itself I believe it doesnt do that and will remain unlocked.

You cant test drive the CZT yet! Disappointed. Its nice, but its too expensive for the top spec, and the reviews of it arn't to good. The 1.3 top spec is the best one to have! Apparently.

Yes the Yaris VERSION 2. Nice :)

All helps guys,

but since i posted this to Angel, someone (loads of people) have replied to my initial post of this subject and i have found that the car doesnt have an alarm.

Didnt know the SR was the forrunner of the T-Sport. Quite impressed.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links