Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cant Get It Up!

MrWinkey

Our Cinq would go round the bend at the bottom of our street in 3rd at about 20mph, but the Yaris has to drop to second. I dont understand.

It is all made especially weird by the fact the car is so fast at higher revs and as yet doesnt seem to have stopped pulling at any revs. It seems like it would keep going until it red lines.

Does anyone think anything may be wrong with it?

Sure your Cinq can go round the bend in 3rd at 20mph .. but can it hit 60mph in 2nd though? The SR can! :yes:

Also as everyone has said, there's nothing wrong with your car, it's just the way a vvti engine works. I know you'll just love it once you get used to driving it! I know i do! :thumbsup:

in fact the SR can hit 64/65 mph in 2nd, i did it accidently, i thought i was in 3rd so i put my foot down until i hit the limiter.... oops...

Angel,

Has no one told you not to speak with your mouth full before?

Get back on your knees girl.

But this cream bun is so delicious...... :D

Oh well, I'll go back to scrubbing the floor then...... :P

I will be outside polishing and waxing your car if you need me.....  :D  :D  :D

Because evrybody knows you ain't cleaning your own!! Filthy Girl!! :lol::lol:

Sorry Em!

in fact the SR can hit 64/65 mph in 2nd

It can indeed... it can hit 32mph in 1st too... combine the two with a decent gearshift and 60mph is yours in 10.8secs! Lickety splick!

Oh, there's nothing wrong with your car, it's just that it needs a couple of revs to keep it burning... you would be able to take the corner at that speed in 3rd, but it won't pull away very quickly... personally i like the fact that you gotta change gear... rally style!!

LIGHTBULB!!! Just thought of a better way around problem... your SR is a brilliant handling car... take the corner at 30mph!! Problem solved! Trust me... it won't die, iv taken corners at stupid speeds, closed my eyes and waited for the crash bang wallop... but all you get from the little car is.....

"Ha! That all you can do... faster !Removed!!"

Seveer,

thats cool mate. I am getting the inpression that the car has a total Split personality. It is really slow to pull at low revs, like some kind of robin relient pulling a caravan, but above 3k it is like the devil on a rocket.

It is so weird. Someone posted that the idea of the VVTi engine is the evenly distirbute power, well Harris must have dumped his variable valves and got himself a turbo with a lot of lag.

And Angel, Stop being Dirty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are meant o set an example on this forum.

I will be outside polishing and waxing your car if you need me.....  :D  :D  :D

Because evrybody knows you ain't cleaning your own!! Filthy Girl!! :lol::lol:

Sorry Em!

Its true - my cars filthy! :lol:

But hey, I live my life by the Scissor Sisters, if its filthy, it means its gorgeous - so I must be gorgeous if I'm so filthy then Seveer!

And Angel, Stop being Dirty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are meant o set an example on this forum.

An example of what - quantum physics? Brain Surgery? :D :D

I'm a good girl really, I'm just misunderstood! :yes:

Angel,

your Miss who?

I dont think i would use the word Miss to address you. Sorry, but i think your deluding yourself there!

If you put your mind to it, you can be an example of anything you want, as long as its Women's menial work.

Meeeeeaw!

64/65??? how come the TS will only hit 57

:( slows your 0-60 down :(

The gearing is different on a tsport mate, when you're on the motorway you are generally in higher revs, less revs do more on a tsport....

Its true - my cars filthy!  :lol:

But hey, I live my life by the Scissor Sisters, if its filthy, it means its gorgeous - so I must be gorgeous if I'm so filthy then Seveer!

Hang on... im confused.... erm... oh, i get it now... sorry, i just hate scissor sisters!

Hehe... yeah ok!

64/65??? how come the TS will only hit 57

:( slows your 0-60 down :(

It does slow ya down a tiny bit if blasting along, but 2 gearchanges would slow you down more!

And like Matt said, i think it's the gear ratio's that are set differently... im sure Yves will know the difference!!

Angel,

your Miss who?

I dont think i would use the word Miss to address you. Sorry, but i think your deluding yourself there!

If you put your mind to it, you can be an example of anything you want, as long as its Women's menial work.

Meeeeeaw!

And what would you have me do? :P

Angel,

im sure i couldnt post anything like that on here, there are a lot of young posters about.

But i am sure with your Dirty Scissors, you would be able to imagine!

Angel,

im sure i couldnt post anything like that on here, there are a lot of young posters about.

But i am sure with your Dirty Scissors, you would be able to imagine!

PM me with it if its so filthy! lol

I dont have dirty scissors, I keep them all clean, you never know when scissors come in handy! :D

Besides, I'm thinking out of us both, you are by far the RUDEST! :lol::lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links