Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hi Ace 2.4td Super Custom

Tony.P

:help:

I have a 2.4 TD Hiace super custom, when i put the key in after a few seconds i get a beeping sound, i'm assuming to inform me that the vehicle is ready to start...

Is there anyway of silencing this?

Thanks

:thumbsup:

Thats for our American cousins to remind them that the key is in place (well you might forget where you put your ignition key!!) You could disconnect the sounder but I imagine the same sounder is also used for lights on warning. Does yours sound even when the door is closed? Often they only beep if you try to leave the car with the key still in place.

I'm assuming that its not only me who finds it a tad annoying, actually mine goes one better.

If i open the door and put the key in place (without turning it) then i get an intermittent beep.....obviously this is to alert me when i have finnished a trip and am about to get out...(warning me that the key is still in the ignition) I did put it to the test the other day actually, i turned the engine off but left the key in ignition, got out quick and shut the door, i then tried to use 'the force' to force the door lock catch down (as i would have normally used my key to lock it) but this didnt work so i had to re-enter the vehicle, remove the key and lock it the conventional way. (Damn you Obi-wan)

So to re-cap i get an intermittent beep when the key is in and door is open and then a constant beep when its ready to go (ignition turned) by the time i'm ready to go ive got a banging headache and have to go through the whole procedure again as i return indoors for some paracetamol.....

Thanks anyway Kelvyn

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links