Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Blackberry

dazwan

I'm thinking about getting a Blackberry so I can get my emails on the move and wondered if anybody on here has one or has had one. Any opinions would be apreciated.

I don't need the phone part since I have a fairly good contract with O2 for voice so I'll likely be going for a data only package and keeping my Z600 for voice.

Why do you want one???

I have installed the enterprise edition into a couple of my sites I can see the use for a business user but I still think they are an expensive gadget....

For single user use I cannot see the point all the mail is just pop they are pants to use as a phone and for example with Vodafone you use there vodafone.net mail account that gets pushed to you phone you only have a 10mb limit.

The service is GPRS and you have to move onto a different tariff which gets expensive very very fast. Don’t be confused with gprs if you don’t get a GPRS connection then you wont get e-mail. GPRS & gprs are different :lol::lol:

Your would be better off getting an XDa 2 you can collect pop mail on that and they look cool :lol:

Our MD has one and its pretty smart - I had a shotty before we let him near it! Put it like this, if someone as technically inept as him can use it and think its the greatest thing since - ooh - anything then it must have something going for it.

His only compaint is that, whilst it works perfectly in deepest China, GPRS connections in this country can still be pretty patchy.

Not sure if I like the idea of being able to retrieve my work e-mails all the time though <_< I'd never stop work...

A

Why do you want one???

For single user use I cannot see the point all the mail is just pop they are pants to use as a phone and for example with Vodafone you use there vodafone.net mail account that gets pushed to you phone you only have a 10mb limit.

Your would be better off getting an XDa 2 you can collect pop mail on that and they look cool  :lol:

I work away from home during the week where I have no web connection and can't rely on the company who runs our IT to deliver my emails to me reliably. I'm away from my net connection 4 days a week and need to rely on having access to all my mails 24/7 (and yes, that includes my daily Dilbert!).

I don't need to use it as a phone, I only want the email client side of things, as I mentioned I have a voice contract that serves me quite well. I was looking at the T-mobile jobbie that comes with a 50MB limit for £17/month.

As for the XDA2, I would rather not! I like the Treo 650 though, but I'm starting to think it will never arrive in the UK and when it finally does it will be V.Expensive (Expansys are talking £500 just for the phone) and I reckon only Orange will stock it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links