Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Turbo Timer For N/a

LORD_ED

was just flicking thru eBay and got thinking about a turbo timer for my na celica it would mean that i could go to car get her started take out the keys and let her warm up for a cpl of minutes. but is there any real advantage to fitting one on a na

im guessing no

but a tirbo timer cost bout £50 of eBay alarm with remote start is atleast 150 and i dont think Bibbs would be too happy fitting an alarm for me (cheers ben (in advance))

ha ha, no point at all to be honest .. I could see a point on race cars, but then again 30 seconds of non blatting and she'll be fine.

I think it's a gimmick, the harness will fit on any car so just advertise for both NA's and Turbo's and if you sell a few to NA drivers, you sell more :D

It's the APex'i one yeh? It's an auto timer that can also be used as a turbo timer. Still if you weant something to spruce up your interior a bit, then why not?

There is no point in doing that

I'll also add, it is illegal to leave your vehicle running whilst it is unattended, locked or otherwise.

Not that that would stop me if I wanted to do it of course..

Just get a 2nd key cut ;) Start the car up with one and lock it with the other if you want to warm it up :thumbsup:

My parents mercs have alarms you set...

say you want to go out at 7 am.. you set it to 7...

when you get to your car, the engine, and iterior wilol be warm, and all windows defrosted....

no idea at all how it works... but I know its none retro fittable!!!!!!!

Not possible. It cuts out when handbrake is released. Unless you mean about leaving the other set of keys in the car? :unsure:

It cuts out when handbrake is released.

Yeah, if you let someone else wire it up for you ..

If you do it yourself it's easy to get round (like TV's in the dash must be off if the handbrake is released - yeah right) ..

Not to mention that most owners manuals for N/A cars state that the car should be driven gently to temperature and not left idling to temperature :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links