Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Newbee, Need Buying Advice

geordiekidd

Ok, hi to you all first. I go and view an 'L' reg supra4, in red, aerotop, full veilside kit, 17s tomorrow. The auto thing does put me off a little and the stealer wants 10k. Can anyone give me a rough spec on this car and tell me if it's worth it?

Ok, hi to you all first. I go and view an 'L' reg supra4, in red, aerotop, full veilside kit, 17s tomorrow. The auto thing does put me off a little and the stealer wants 10k. Can anyone give me a rough spec on this car and tell me if it's worth it?

Auto is a good box and in some ways is better than a manual - performance wise not just being lazy and not changing gear.

Veilside kit is poo and every tom/rich/harry with an import supra has that damn kit. Stay away if i was you (unless you really like that kit).

£10k sounds about right for an aerotop.

280bhp and 0-60 of about 5.5secs

Only you can decide if its worth it......for £10k you could have a nice UK Spec Supra with a healthy 326bhp & cheaper insurance ;)

B)

Auto is a good box and in some ways is better than a manual - performance wise not just being lazy and not changing gear.

Veilside kit is poo and every tom/rich/harry with an import supra has that damn kit. Stay away if i was you (unless you really like that kit).

£10k sounds about right for an aerotop.

280bhp and 0-60 of about 5.5secs

Only you can decide if its worth it......for £10k you could have a nice UK Spec Supra with a healthy 326bhp & cheaper insurance ;)

B)

OK, well I would change the front bumper and wing anyhow. so is the aerotop a 3ltr TT?

OK, well I would change the front bumper and wing anyhow. so is the aerotop a 3ltr TT?

Dunno, they did turbo and non-turbo aerotops. You need to ask the guy who is selling it as £10k for a non-turbo is stupid money.

All mk4 supras are 3ltr :thumbsup:

Budget around £1000 - £1500 for changing the Front Bumper and Wing inc fitting and painting. Replacement Bumpers start from £450 for the Bomex Fast and Furious style.

HTH

Kevin

Shame about the veilside kit! horrid things!!!

Tell him it seriously devalues the car.. see what he says to that :D

i agree the veilside kit is one butt ugly kit!, no offence to the veilside boys?... err i think??!! and i would say 10k maybe a bit to much for an n/a import (i think most aerotopo are non turb.)........ as leeky says dont rule out the uk spec, harder to find what your after but in the long run MUCH! cheaper insurance and ahh an extra 40bhp or so, cant be bad!!! ;)

****UPDATE****

As you all know, i sold my supra last month, but i've persuaded one of my team to buy one.

He's found a L reg black aerotop supra with 80k and jap history advertised for £5900. i rang him up to ask a few questions about it and knocked him down to £5200 over the phone providing we went to look at it this weekend.

I would never pay £10k for N/A regardless of age esp in red as that and silver are prob the harder colours to sell imo. (leekys doesnt count as its UK spec :P )

(leekys doesnt count as its UK spec  :P )

:lol: Thanks, got to get mine resprayed soon as the bodykit doesnt quite match :lol:

:lol: Thanks, got to get mine resprayed soon as the bodykit doesnt quite match :lol:

what colour are u going for lee?

what colour are u going for lee?

blue is the best colour ISN'T IT mad welshman lol! :lol: ....... na jokes black would have been my 1st choice........and leeky a question thats been puzzeling me who is that picture of by your name??? bit old to be a picture of a 22 yr old unless your under alot of stress!?

:lol: Thats Alan Whicker ;) , as in the guy who does the Travelocity adverts and used to do the Barcley Card adverts in the 90's.

Im getting it resprayed the same colour, i like my red :D

Just its riddled with stonechips and the bodykit isnt quite the same colour. Im not modding the car any further as its going to become my pristine car :) And my money will go into my track car, mwhahahaha!

:lol:  Thats Alan Whicker ;) , as in the guy who does the Travelocity adverts and used to do the Barcley Card adverts in the 90's.

Im getting it resprayed the same colour, i like my red  :D

Just its riddled with stonechips and the bodykit isnt quite the same colour. Im not modding the car any further as its going to become my pristine car  :)  And my money will go into my track car, mwhahahaha!

that explains all :thumbsup: .... hope your not offended, when i say when 1st joined toc i thought that was YOU!!!! lol!! :lol::blink: ...........hmmm track car sounds interesting, is this gonna be another suup :thumbsup:

hmmm track car sounds interesting, is this gonna be another suup :thumbsup:

Oh yes :thumbsup:

Can't wait for us to hit "the ring" in our track cars :D oldschool and new :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links