Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

From Min To Yaris

goldmini

what? 1300 yaris? i wouldnt even call the TS "fast"

I'm pretty sure he meant the V6 Probe. :lol:

Personally I consider less than 11 sec 0-60 to be acceptable.

8 - 9.5 seconds is "peppy"

Less than 7.5 is "quick"

Under 6 seconds is where "fast" begins in my book.

Add two seconds or so to all of the above for diesel cars since 0-60 doesn't do them fairly.

The Probe V6 I know of falls somewhere between peppy and quick.

TS's are peppy. My car is just on the edge of peppy.

geez you've got a heavy foot,

Yeah.... but they are fast!

:lol:

You're a cheeky %$(*r aren't you?!? Can't let things lie. Silly :censor: wit.

Oh, and to everyone, he's refering to my feet that are quick.

I do have a pretty heavy right foot, but i drive my car properly! BUT! I only do that once im out of the traffic, as i said, most of my driving is in traffic and when that's coupled with quick bursts, then your MPG begins to drop!

I'd class my car as 'peppy' it's gearing and happiness to rev makes it brilliant fun and iv had 9.5secs to 60mph, so it aint half bad for a 1.3!!

i only get 32mpg...... :s how are you getting 44 opelfruit??

I drive about 2 miles of town driving without traffic, 22 miles of M6 at around 80mph depending on traffic and then 3 miles of dual carridgeway.

For some reason when I do 70 i get less mpg than when I do 75 - god knows why but I actually do!

anyway, 2 days to work and back (110 miles) and my trip computer is telling me 44.1mpg av

Dunno wot my MPG is (I really need to read the manual on how to use the little display!), but I can currently see how much fuel is used when I'm driving.

As for a tank, I get about 320-400 dependant on where I'm going. I have a 10 mile commute to work, across A-roads, and through town.

i only get 32mpg...... :s how are you getting 44 opelfruit??

I drive about 2 miles of town driving without traffic, 22 miles of M6 at around 80mph depending on traffic and then 3 miles of dual carridgeway.

For some reason when I do 70 i get less mpg than when I do 75 - god knows why but I actually do!

anyway, 2 days to work and back (110 miles) and my trip computer is telling me 44.1mpg av

becuase in 5th gear the speed at 80mph is probably peak torque, i found my economy was better than when i was trying to save petrol.

this is becuase i was probably choking the engine by trying to keep it in high a gear as possible, but it doesnt work, and you need to be over 3k!

40 miles each way to work and back on the M42 and M6 at 70-80mph gives between 70-74mpg.

I'm pretty pleased with that, but I realise that being nose-to-tail with other traffic means I'm slipstreaming most of the time.

Better than the 30mpg my smart produced on the same journey?

...iv had 9.5secs to 60mph, so it aint half bad for a 1.3!!

Especially considering every road test says about 12 seconds to 60 mph for the 1.3 (numbers which my old VW TDI diesel could beat soundly, btw)

You must be the best driver in history or have the worst stopwatch EVER. :lol:

We had a 2.0 Litre VW Golf TDI as a hire car for a holiday once and we all agreed it was pants compared to the 1.3 L yaris! As was my driving instructors 2 litre pug 306 imo.

I'm not sure what "pants" means, but if you mean faster and more fuel efficient then that would be accurate.

I'm not sure what "pants" means, but if you mean faster and more fuel efficient then that would be accurate.

I think that one lost something in the transatlantic translation..........It means rubbish........................look it up :)

New 'BMW Mini' to Yaris is a good move.

OLD Mini Cooper to a Yaris is more comfort/toys/reliability/safety.................but less fun .

Rich

I always remember learning to drive in a 1.6 Fiesta diesel..... amazingly sluggish and slow - when my instructor told me it was a 1.6 I almost choked - my 800cc Matiz was nippier - and probably more economical too - tank of fuel in the Matiz lasted like 2 months! :lol:

I think that one lost something in the transatlantic translation..........It means rubbish........................look it up :)

:lol:

Yeah, I did look it up.

I figure he needs to look up the translation, because even my non pumpe-düse 1.9 TDI would spank a 1.3 and although Toyota has the edge on reliability, no Yaris or Scion is built half as solidly as a VW Golf.

The shift action on the manual Toyota's is nicer than the Volkswagen though, but the VW feels like a luxurious bank vault compared to these cars. Not sure what's pants about that. :lol: I think he needs to put down the crack pipe and the rose coloured glasses.

my dads seat ibiza 1.9TDi Sport kicks my cars ***** :D

Id rather drive that too becuase its a great car thats solidily built, VAG brakes :D, Handling is spot on...

tad pricey on insurance :P

my dads seat ibiza 1.9TDi Sport kicks my cars ***** :D

Id rather drive that too becuase its a great car thats solidily built, VAG brakes :D, Handling is spot on...

tad pricey on insurance :P

:yes:

I bought my car because of the enormous room inside, the absurdly low purchase price and my trust in Toyota reliability. But "Jap" cars, especially in this class are pretty tinny compared to a VW. The doors feel like they will crack off if someone slams them too hard and the plastics quality is not the equal of VW.

My car is the about the equivalent of a YTS with a 90kg passenger on board (same engine, same gearing) and I'd say it's just a smidge nippier than my TDI Volkswagen was, but the TDI had more highway response at the higher speeds and it had a higher top speed. It was also quieter at 60 mph and above than this 1.5 is. Yes, I said diesel and quieter. People focus on the idle too much. When you're turning low rpms on the motorway it's just a whisper, while the hamsters in my 1.5 are spinning ferociously at the same mph and you can't help but hear it. :lol:

The TDI also did about 50 mpg versus 30-35 for this car. No contest.

I would kill to have my car, but with Volkswagen's thicker sheetmetal and solid construction and that lovely TDI lump under the hood. That would be ideal.

If there had been no Scion xB, I don't know that I would have gone back to Toyota at this point in my life. Possibly I would have gotten a Toyota Matrix.

Don't get me wrong though. I love my car and I love Yarii as well. I'm just an experienced driver who's had a number of cars and I don't hesitate to look at any of them objectively. No car is perfect.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links